Worcester Art Museum
Worcester Art Museum United States United States
3 weeks ago
Job Title: Curatorial Assistant...
Employment Type: Full Time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Curatorial Affairs
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Salary Range: $21.43 - $23.57
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion at WAM:
At WAM we are committed to building a diverse environment, one where staff feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Please visit our Mission, Vision, and Values page to learn more.
To provide administrative support to Director of Curatorial Affairs and other members of the Curatorial Division; serve as initial contact for the division; assist with research for exhibitions and collection projects; manage the curatorial office.
• Serve as the initial contact for the Curatorial Division; respond to public and internal queries
• Organize acquisitions, programming, and Collections Committee meetings, providing meeting notices, agendas, minutes, and other documents as needed, and manage other meeting scheduling for the Division, either in person or using Zoom or Teams.
• Assist with collection research and documentation as well as other projects as assigned
• Manage and maintain the Curatorial office; SharePoint administrator for Division; maintain the calendar of the Director of Curatorial Affairs; establish and maintain efficient procedures, purchase general office supplies, and maintain appearance of public areas
• Maintain the Curatorial object files and assist in maintaining collection management database in coordination with the Registrars’ department
• Assemble and organize materials for the annual division budget, acquisition budget, annual report, grant applications, and other requests as needed
• Supervise volunteers and interns and assign duties as needed. Maintain receipts and reconcile expenses.
• Prepare and/or proof department materials including Museum materials for print and digital publication
• Undertake the design layout and proofing of object labels and vinyl texts for exhibitions and permanent display projects not under the direction of an exhibition designer.
• Organize and supervise visits of outside scholars, including reviewing files and records prior to distribution outside the division
• Organize travel for visitors; assist with guest lists for Division events
• Research valuations for works in the collection for loans, exhibitions, and acquisitions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all Museum constituents
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
• Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing needs of the department
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and database software
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong knowledge of art history and its vocabulary
• Familiarity with foreign languages
• Embraces and promotes diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion initiatives
Education and Experience:
BA in Art History or equivalent work experience in a related field required; MA preferred.
Two or more years Museum experience required. Curatorial experience preferred
Jobs in United States United States
Curatorial Assistant United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.