Sonic Acts Amsterdam Netherlands
4 months ago
Sonic Acts is looking for an experienced marketing and communications manager to join the Sonic Acts Biennial team for 3-4 days per week. Apply before the 28th of May 2023
Sonic Acts is a leading platform for new developments in electronic and digital art forms. With an extensive year-round programme in the Netherlands and abroad, and a large-scale biennial throughout Amsterdam, Sonic Acts produces, presents and distributes a wide range of artistic works. It is an organisation with an ambitious attitude that strives for innovation and exceptional artistic quality in all of its activities while being a hub for an international network of creators, curators and critical thinkers. Based in Amsterdam, Sonic Acts works regularly with national and international partners – from kindred cultural organisations to academic institutions – such as Paradiso, Muziekgebouw aan ‘t IJ, OT301, University of Amsterdam, Sandberg Institute, Re-Imagine Europe and many others.
Marketing and Communications... Manager
0.6 – 0.8 fte
As Marketing and communications Manager for Sonic Acts, you will be part of the
team responsible for communicating and promoting the Sonic Acts Biennial. The Biennial will take place in February and March of 2024 at various location in Amsterdam such as Paradiso, Muziekgebouw aan ‘t IJ, W139 and others. You’ll work on online and offline communications, managing relationships with media partners and audiences. amplify the visibility and reach of the campaigns.
As Marketing and Communications Manager, you’ll work on the following tasks
• Conceiving and executing on-topic campaigns and promotions with a strong sense of target groups.
• Establishing timelines and goals for communications, advertising, and PR and proactively maintaining these through media partnerships and relevant contacts.
• Managing marketing and communications budgets.
• Managing communication for individual projects or events from start to finish,
across all channels – including the website, mailings, print and social media –
CRM tools and ticketing systems.
• Translating the Sonic Acts programmes into accessible and engaging content,
both written and audiovisual.
• Conducting market research and analysis, and advising the organisation on
• You’ve completed higher education, preferably specialising in communication.
• You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Your communication and writing skills in English are proficient. Being well
versed in Dutch as well is preferred.
• You have a strong affinity for audiovisual and contemporary visual art, avant- garde film, electronic music, experimental media and critical discourse.
• You have a network in media, music, art and culture.
• Living in or readily able to travel to Amsterdam.
What we offer
• A varied and challenging job for 3-4 days per week (in consultation).
• Starting date in consultation, until at least April 2024.
• A salary between € 2250,- and € 3585,- gross per month based on full-time
employment, depending on knowledge and experience, based on the
guidelines of De Zaak Nu.
• Freelance is possible.
• You’re part of an ambitious team collaborating with international partners and artists on exciting programmes.
Send your CV and motivation (in English) by 28 May 2023 via the button below. Portfolios may also be included in the pdf or as a link, but are not obligatory. For any questions, you can also contact us via [email protected] .
Sonic Acts endorses the Fair Practice Code and the Code of Cultural Diversity and is committed to improving the assortment of voices that make up the organisation. Applicants from all (cultural) backgrounds are therefore encouraged to apply. In a case of equal suitability, preference goes to the candidate that strengthens the diversity of the team.
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.