Sportserve Belgrade Serbia
4 months ago
Sportserve forms part of a remarkable group of B2C sports betting and B2B sportsbook technology companies, focused on delivering first class sports betting experiences and casino products for our users worldwide. Along with Sportion, TechSpirit, Standard Focus and Sportelligent, we are the driving force behind the world renowned sports betting company and our flagship brand, Dafabet.
Since launching our global hiring initiative, we now employ over 2,000 people worldwide, offering exciting career paths in Technology, Trading, Operations and Media. We have an international and diverse culture, embracing global and acting local. We offer office based, hybrid and remote work on permanent and consultancy contracts all over the world, making us the true global employer of choice.
The Sports team is responsible for creating, evolving and supporting our Backoffice, reporting system and machine learning platform. We are looking for a talented Senior Backend Developer who has the ability to... deliver high-quality code and deployed frequently whilst maintaining scalability and high performance standards. In addition, you will have a leadership mindset, as you will help provide the architectural and design direction of areas of the project and take ownership of the implementation within the team.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused Company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working across a number of business areas providing development, maintenance and support.
• Working as part of a team and occasionally working solo on development pieces of work as the business needs arise.
• Take ownership for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
• Collaborate with other engineers and leaders across the company and ensure all our tools have the expected impact.
• Design and implement tools that help engineering teams focus on shipping features, while making sure we're building infrastructure that is cost efficient, secure and reliable.
• Keep abreast of developments in the field.
• Help identify probable causes and provide immediate solution during an incident.
• Drive forward the Agile mindset what of delivering - with the focus on speed to market.
• Contribute significant ideas for making the applications user friendly.
• Participate in cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
• Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex, real-world engineering problems.
• Develop and organise cloud systems.
• Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
• Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
• Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex projects.
• Proactively communicate with leadership: provide context around risks/blockers/timeline, seek guidance, and recommend a direction.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• At least 5+ years of working experience in serving as a Backend Developer working on varied types of software development projects.
• Experience in cloud computing (e.g., applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms, data), as well as cloud market and competitive dynamics.
• Expert knowledge of Java, Golang and/or Rust (at least two) and open source software (e.g. Spring).
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, preferably with Oracle databases, PostgreSQL.
• Experience working with API’s microservices and data manipulation.
• Distributed caching (Hazelcast or Redis).
• Knowledge of Asynchronous Messaging (Pubsub, Kafka, RabbitMQ or JMS).
• Experience developing back office trading tools using GWT/Vaadin, SWT, Swing or JavaFX.
• Background in Agile Software Development using Scrum Methodology is preferred but not required.
• Passion for writing high quality, rock solid software.
• Previously worked on large scale multi-threaded projects.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Maven and Linux.
• Experience building highly transactional, high volume distributed applications.
• Knowledge of JVM monitoring and performance tuning Java applications, as well as troubleshooting issues in production.
• Hands-on Experience with GCP Foundation, Storage bucket, Backup, Disaster
• Must have passion and understand for Sports such cricket, football, NBA etc.
• Background in Online Gaming is preferred but not required.
• Basic understanding of Machine learning and Artificial intelligence is preferred
• Fluent in the English language.
• *Applications in English only please
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.