Ampersand Electric Motorcycles Kigali Rwanda
4 months ago
Do you want to do work that matters? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Ampersand has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project in 2018 into East Africa's leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of over 200 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds and we plan to see all 5 million taxi motorbikes in East Africa electric by 2030. We are rapidly scaling our operations, currently, we are expanding our fleet to Kenya and expanding our engineering capabilities to Europe, in Berlin, Germany. We are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth.
About the role
Ampersand manages a fleet of batteries that our moto drivers change at one of our many... Swap Stations. These batteries are used by more than 1000 vehicles across multiple countries, which make close to 3 million km every month and swapped thousands of times a day. We are on our way to release more than 3000 batteries and vehicles this year in Rwanda
Ampersand is seeking for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Production Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring that Ampersand's production department operates efficiently and effectively. You will oversee the manufacturing and assembly operations of batteries and vehicles, and be responsible for ensuring that production targets are met based on sales forecasts. This will involve working closely with the sales team to understand demand and adjust production schedules accordingly, as well as building a department budget.
In addition to managing production staff, you will also be responsible for quality control, ensuring that all products meet international safety and quality standards. You will work closely with the quality control team to implement and maintain robust quality control processes and make improvements in the assembly lines as necessary.
To further optimize production processes, you will be expected to implement Lean Six Sigma principles and continuously look for ways to improve efficiency and reduce waste. This will involve working with other departmental managers to identify areas for improvement and implementing changes to improve overall company performance.
Overall, this is a highly challenging and rewarding role that offers the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success of Ampersand's production operations in Rwanda and Kenya.
• Oversee day-to-day production operations in Ampersand Rwanda & Kenya facility to ensure smooth processes and meet production targets based on sales targets and defined budgets
• Own, develop, and adjust the Production department’s budget
• Collaborate with key stakeholders, such as Supply Chain, to track daily production in the ERP system, suggest improvements to the ERP tracking and ensure smooth daily production
• Collaborate with Supply Chain for Material Resource Planning
• Manage and provide leadership to the overall production staff, including hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management
• Ensure adherence to international safety and quality standards
• Lead the quality control team to ensure products meet safety and quality standards
• Collaborate with other departmental managers to identify areas for improvement and implement changes to improve overall company performance
• Monitor production equipment and ensure that they are properly maintained and operating at optimal levels
• Analyze production data, identify trends, and implement process improvements to increase production efficiency, reduce costs, and improve product quality
• Prepare regular production reports for the senior management, highlighting performance metrics and areas for improvement
• Champion process improvements and implementation of Lean Manufacturing methodologies, such as 6S, Kanban, to improve production efficiency and reduce waste.
Ampersand is a good fit if ;
• You are passionate about fighting climate change & promoting sustainable development
• You are a proactive problem solver with a drive for results
• You are excited to work in a fast-growing and dynamic organization
• You are adaptable and thrive in rapidly evolving environments
• You value diversity and community in the workplace.
• You enjoy a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
• You are process-oriented
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or related field
• 7+ years of experience in a similar role, managing a production team in a manufacturing environment, and automobile/EV industry experience is a plus
• Highly skilled in production process setup and continuous improvements/optimizations, quality control, and Lean Six Sigma principles, Six Sigma Green Belt or higher is a plus
• Excellent leadership and communication skills, with a proven track record of managing and developing diverse teams, from a technician to manager level
• Experience in ERP systems, and MRP
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data and identify trends to drive process improvements
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Expertise in production processes, and quality management. Six Sigma certification is a plus.
• Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and address issues in a timely and effective manner
• Fluency in English is mandatory; Kinyarwanda and Swahili would be a plus
(Bonus) Experience in a start-up environment
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment, preferably in East Africa.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with East African market rates and experience.
This role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda with frequent travel to Kenya
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.