University of Ghana Accra Ghana
4 months ago
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative position of Director, Human Resource and Organizational Development Directorate (HRODD), to take effect from 1st August, 2023.
POSITION: Director, Human Resource and Organizational
Development Directorate (HRODD)
REPORTING TO: Registrar
Under the Registrar, the Director of Human Resource and Organizational Development Directorate shall have oversight responsibility of the Directorate, and shall plan and advise on human resource management policies in the University.
The Director of Human Resource and Organizational Development shall, under the Registrar:
• Lead in the development and implementation of the human resource policies of the University;
• Provide strategic planning with respect to the human resource needs of the University;
• Ensure the timely renewal and termination of employment contracts;
• Institute and maintain a system for... monitoring and evaluating the performance of all employees of the University and submit reports thereon to the Vice-Chancellor and the Council;
• Manage and advise on the collective bargaining process and collective agreements with unionized staff;
• Institute a system for continuing education and in-service training for all employees of the University; and
• Discharge any other assignment that the Registrar shall deem necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants must have:
• A good first degree as well as an advanced degree in a relevant field, with not less than 15 years’ post qualification experience, at least five of which should have been in a senior management position.
• A professional qualification in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
In Addition, The Applicant Must Have
• Considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function effectively within the Higher Education Sector;
• A deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level University management and administration;
• High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
• The Director shall hold office for a period of four years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to four years.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through (Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
• A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at:
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the University website at
Applications should reach the Registrar through
Closing Date: 23 December, 2022
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.