Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib Medical Group Jeddah Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia
4 months ago
Job Purpose / Objective :
Provide high standard of clinical care and expertise in assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment of patients in the area of general practice. Involved in the continuous quality improvement activities of the department and hospital to achieve the goals of HMG.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities :
• Manage the assigned clinics as per the approved Rota by the Medical Director.
• Assess, request, investigate, and analyze the rest results, diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment on follow- up.
• Admit the patients under his/ her care whenever indicated within the limits of the approved and assigned privileges.
• Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness or disease.
• Explain procedures and discuss diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and his/ her attendants.
• Monitor the patients' condition and progress and re-evaluate/ re-assessment and treat the patient... accordingly.
• Refer patient to other specialists when necessary, also consult with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
• Take daily rounds for his/ her In-Patients and referred patients.
• Write the patients complete medical record on time and also update the progress notes on same time.
• Authenticate and sign the medical record/ progress notes with date, time and employee ID number, stamp every time. He/ She must also review and countersign all junior medical staff notes related to his/ her patients.
• Perform diagnostic or therapeutic procedures for which he/ she is specifically privileged according to his/ her qualification, licenses, training & experience.
• Approve the Discharge Summary, follow-ups, Medical Report of his/ her patients.
• Ensure the implementation of all the approved policies and procedures, rules, regulations, protocols and guidelines, clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
• Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff in patient care.
• Contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement of his/ her department.
• Serve on Departmental / Hospital Committees as requested.
• Ensure that Islamic Values and Medical Ethics are respected and strictly observed.
• Take On-Call as per hospital policy and assume the duties of Coordinator of Department as needed.
• Attend the Code Blue (if applicable) and should be involved in all other emergency codes of the hospital.
• Ensure that reports and information as required by the Coordinator of the Department/ Medical Director are provided.
• Identify and transfer all the Medico-Legal Cases on time with all the proper documentation and information to the hospital management as per the hospital policy.
• Participate in the provision of clinical / academic activities of the hospital.
• Participate in person-centered care initiatives undertaken by HMG.
• Enrich patient experience with compassion, respect and dignity.
• Perform other applicable task and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
Education/ Professional Qualification:
• Graduate of Medical School, recognized by the Medical Council of the country of origin.
At least one (1) year of practice in his / her specialty after obtaining the higher degree In a Tertiary Care Hospital.
Professional Licensing / Certification / Training:
• Postgraduate or equivalent qualification, based on residency training program, preferably with a fellowship accepted by Saudi Council for Healthcare Specialties.
dignity in care data management & record keeping medical professionalism communication skills infection control clinical examination and procedural skills
Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.