The Chinese University of Hong Kong New Territories Hong Kong
4 months ago
The CUHK Business School is a leading business school and a pioneer in business education in Hong Kong. Since its establishment in Hong Kong in 1963, the CUHK Business School has gained world recognition of nurturing business leaders with immense contributions in Asia Pacific. The School has been offering a comprehensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with over 4,600 students from 20+ countries/regions, as well as executive education. It has one of the most extensive alumni networks in the region, with over 40,000 alumni around the world.
The DBA Programmes are highly selective programmes that aims to attract the senior executives and business leaders at sizable organizations based in Hong Kong, the Greater Bay Area and beyond who have interests in research.
The CUHK Business School now seeks to appoint a high calibre candidate to the position of Functional Manager in the Office of DBA Programmes. Reporting to the Director of DBA Programmes, the appointee is... expected to:
• carry out substantial marketing and engagement duties for the student recruitment in the local, mainland and regional markets, provide one-to-one direct counselling / marketing and close follow-up to the whole admission process;
• have strong and close liaison with service provider(s), potential applicants, corporations, business associations and alumni;
• enhance programme development and strengthen student-alumni network, including but not limited to frequent communication with students to provide academic advice and support, enhance their inside and outside classroom experiences, etc.;
• lead and provide guidance to the support staff of the Programmes for their overall success;
• oversee financial and human resources matters of the Programmes; and
• undertake other impromptu duties.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
• a Master’s or higher degree, preferably in a business discipline;
• a minimum of ten years' post-degree work experience, including experience gained in marketing, admissions, student recruitment, and /or management of highly selective programmes in tertiary education sector;
• excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills to interact and form long lasting relationship with students, alumni and business leaders, as well as the ability to maintain positive rapport with a diverse group of external and internal stakeholders;
• strong organisational, logistical and planning skills with ability to prioritise multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining high work quality;
• demonstrated good team building, management and organisation skills to collaborate with dynamic teams;
• able to work independently with minimum supervision to deliver results while being an effective contributor as part of a close-knit team environment; and
• excellent command of written and verbal communication in English and Chinese, including Putonghua and Cantonese.
Working at flexible hours and frequent travelling within and outside Hong Kong will be required.
Appointment will initially be made on contract basis for two years commencing as soon as possible, renewable subject to mutual agreement.
Review of applications will begin in mid-May 2023, and will continue until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for informal discussions, on campus visits and interviews subsequently, as appropriate.
[CUHK Business School is also known as the Faculty of Business Administration
New Territories Hong Kong
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.