Affluent Cape Town South Africa
4 months ago
At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world..then this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B... strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates, we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Why this role is exciting:
The associate data analyst is responsible for collecting, analyzing and interpreting large and complex datasets to identify patterns and trends, surfacing facts and assist in developing insights and providing data-driven outputs and recommendations to support business decisions. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in and some prior experience of data analysis, reporting and forecasting. The associate data analyst needs to be a clear communicator that can confidently interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
The associate data analyst will form part of and actively participate in the data analytics competency, with special focus on building data and reporting outputs as directed by senior team members. The analyst will be a contributing member of the analytics center of excellence (ACoE) and adopt best practices as outlined by ACoE leadership.
• Extract and analyze data from various sources including relational databases (mySQL, postgres), big data technologies (BigQuery, Kudu, Impala, SingleStore, Hive), file sources (parquet, ORC, avro, csv, xlsx) and reporting systems (Looker, DOMO)
• Assist with the identification, creation and maintenance of master datasets
• Participate in data stewardship initiatives
• Clean and manipulate data to ensure high quality and integrity of reporting outputs
• Contribute to technical specifications for new data assets (marts, tables, views, cubes)
• Analyze source systems and help identify business logic embedded in the underlying datasets
• Use statistical techniques to identify trends and derive patterns and insights embedded in the data
• Identify and communicate data quality and data validation issues in productionalized datasets
• Create visualizations and dashboards as directed by the squad lead and required by business stakeholders
• Build and maintain dashboards and reports to support business stakeholders
• Perform ad-hoc data analysis to determine suitability of a data source for use in data marts and reporting outputs or to assess key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Communicate findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical team members in a clear and concise manner
Does this sound like you?
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science or a related field
• 2+ years of experience in a data analysis, business intelligence or data engineering role
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Python and SQL coding skills
• Demonstrable data analysis and data visualization skills
• Exposure to the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and integrated technologies preferred
• Exposure to DataBricks, PySpark and BigQuery highly advantageous
• Exposure to data wrangling (data cleaning, manipulation and preparation)
• Exposure to machine learning libraries, tools and protocols (supervised unsupervised learning) preferred
• Exposure to standard statistical modeling and forecasting methodologies
• Exposure to no-sql data systems (HBase, Redis, Kafka) advantageous
• Exposure to data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SSRS/SSAS, Looker or QlikView
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience working in the marketing technology industry beneficial
Nice to have:
• Affiliate Partnerships Industry Fundamentals Certificationby PXA
• Unlimited PTO policy
• Take the time off that you need. We are truly committed to a positive work-life balance, recognising that it is important to be happy and fulfilled in both
• Training Development
• Learning the advanced partnership automation products
• Medical Aid and Provident Fund
• Group schemes with Discovery Bonitas for medical aid
• Group scheme with Momentum for provident fund
• Stock Options
• 3-year vesting schedule pending Board approval
• Internet Allowance
• Flexible work hours
• Casual work environment
Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or non-binary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Cape Town South Africa
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.