Light & Wonder
Light & Wonder Canada Canada
1 month ago
Welcome to the world of land-based gaming. Light & Wonder’s gaming team builds cutting-edge technology, products, and content for the most iconic casinos and operators across the globe.
Light & Wonder is seeking an experienced VLT Game Designer to join our talented team. Together we will create exciting new game experiences for players in video lottery markets across Canada and the United States. The ideal candidate will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and communicating game concepts, design, and vision for products that will be commercialized in VLT markets in North America. The Principal Game Designer will pitch game concepts, and work with our talented development team to create great games for these unique markets. This position can be located in our Chicago, IL or Reno, NV offices, or Remote in the US or Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Conceptualize original designs for slot games
• Create designs based on existing designs and/or... games based on stakeholder requirements
• Pitch designs to various levels of stakeholders
• Document game design vision, play, choreography
• Communicate game design to team members of various disciplines
• Review and iteration of game design – including all aspects of the game – art, math, sound, execution, & choreography
• Participate in team brainstorming
• Contribute to the evolution of our team’s process and best practices
• Market and data analysis of current trends
• Help with strategizing future product plans and lines
• Experience designing new games and identifying games that would be appropriate for VLT markets
• Knowledge and experience with various game development pipelines & methodologies
• Leadership experience for teams developing products is preferred
• Knowledge about slot games and the casino industry, including the current market landscape
• Experience working with multiple disciplines, including artists, mathematicians, software developers, etc. in creating games or products
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum 10 years of game design or related experience
• Experience designing multi-games for route markets in the US and/or Canada
• Expert knowledge of Canadian VLT markets
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Strong analytical skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. If your position requires you to work in the field, production, and/or warehouse, it is mandatory that you use the approved Personal Protective Equipment.
Light & Wonder (LnW) is engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain LnW employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure LnW complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, LnW requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with LnW (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to LnW conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above
Principal Game Designer Canada jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.