Uber Mexico City CDMX Mexico
1 month ago
About the Role
The Localization team seeks an experienced Marketing localization program manager to help address Uber’s growing localization needs.
In this role, you'll collaborate with our Marketing, Brand, Product, Regional, and Operation teams as a primary point of contact for marketing localization to ensure timely & high linguistic quality for global & regional launches.
What You'll Do
• Manage end-to-end marketing localization of Uber products across all supported languages, from initial planning & consultation to delivery of localized contents, LQAs, and bug routing
• Manage localization of marketing campaigns with multiple assets (email, SMS, website, in-app messaging, etc.) across different regions
• Act as the primary localization point of contact for all cross-functional partners related to your product area, explain localization cycles for various content types, and ensure global launches are timely with a high degree of linguistic quality
• Develop & maintain critical... relationships with partners both in HQ and globally
• Proactively lead internal and cross-functional initiatives to identify areas for process improvements across the Marketing and Operations org
• Identify Localization tool & process gaps and work with Localization Operations to enable better support
• Partner closely with localization vendors to ensure the smooth execution of tasks
• Review and influence product requirement documents (PRDs/RFCs) related to Tools and Systems that can improve globalization (g11n) across Uber
• Work closely with PMs/Engineers on product roll-outs, tool improvements/automation, and tech planning
What You’ll Need:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
• At least 3 years minimum of localization project/program management experience within the high-tech industry on the client side.
• Minimum of 2 years of Marketing localization experience.
• Experience in project management/program management for digital marketing
• Experience using CAT tools to manage localization pipeline & workflows (e.g. Smartling, Idiom WorldServer, Memsource, and Trados)
• Experience managing localization of various content types such as UI, HC, Marketing, & Legal
• Proficient in managing technical processes (e.g. Share internationalization i18n best practices, advise Product/Engineers on best practices for l10n QA/testing, run and manage linguistic QA processes)
Bonus points if:
• Self-directed - ability to take the initiative in identifying and solving large problems!
• Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently and chart the direction of projects/programs.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Technology driven and metrics driven – as a problem solver, you always look out for the best ways to automate or improve complex processes, and how to measure impact tangibly
• Strong analytical and problem solving experience, coupled with excellent business judgment
• Very meticulous, quality-focused, and proactive!
• Ability to learn new tools/systems quickly
• Excellent team player!
• Travel to the region to maintain relationships
• Ability to lead operations at scale
• Excellent understanding of localization and internationalization issues
• Strongly preferred experience working with and/or having an understanding or passion for Marketing Analytics (i.e. SQL data querying), International SEO, and a/b testing experimentation frameworks
About the Team
At Uber, it’s essential that we maintain a close connection with users regardless of which language they speak. With millions of published words, communicating messages across 500+ cities in 70+ countries, we need your help to ensure that each word is carefully chosen to match the tone and voice of Uber. As an early member of our Localization Team, you'll have the opportunity to build the local roots of an expanding global brand.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
• Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]
Mexico City CDMX Mexico
Jobs in Mexico City CDMX Mexico
Localization Program Manager Mexico City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.