Intel San Juan Puerto Rico
1 month ago
Intel Silicon Photonics Product Division (SPPD) is at the forefront of silicon photonics integration and is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. Since announcing the world's first hybrid silicon laser nearly a decade ago, our team continues to lead the industry with cutting-edge technology and efficient, scalable high-volume manufacturing. Our dedication to advanced development ensures that Intel Silicon Photonics continues to drive future data center bandwidth growth with smaller form factors, co-packaging, and higher speeds from 400G today to 1.6T+ and beyond tomorrow. We are looking for great talent to accelerate this journey so if you are interested in joining our leading organization then we want to hear from you.
Intel's SPPD is currently seeking a Senior Optical Modulator Design Engineer to own and drive advanced optical modulators and related high-speed... component development and integration into our next-generation products. The successful candidate will be responsible for silicon photonic components and photonic integrated chip (PIC) design, simulation, and characterization. You will work closely with other photonic component design engineers for device design, simulations, chip floor planning, and tape-out.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Defining optical modulator architecture based on product requirement document and/or customer application specification
- Defining and documenting modulator specifications
- Performing device design, electrical and optical simulation, chip layout and tape-out, characterization, and performance debugging
- Working with engineering and manufacturing teams to define the fabrication process and test requirements
- Analyzing wafer-level test and die-level test data
- Driving subsystem build and test for device performance with electronic component integration
- Owning component reliability and qualification as well as device improvement and maturation from pathfinding through product release
In this position, you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- The candidate must possess a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a similar discipline, with 4+ years of relevant industry experience, or a Ph.D. with 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in designing, simulating, and testing high-speed optical modulators and active optical devices as well as taping out photonic integrated chips
- 3+ years of experience in using optical simulation tools such as Lumerical FDTD /Mode solutions, Beamprop, Fullwave, Fimmwave, Fimmprop, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in using high-speed simulation tools such as HFSS and ADS
- 3+ years of experience in using process and device simulation tools such as Sentaurus and Silvaco
- 3+ years of experience in using layout tools such as Cadence and KLayout and numerical simulation tools such as Matlab
- Experience in silicon photonics traveling-wave modulator and ring modulator design and development up to 128GBaud data rate
- Experience in RF design and simulation including transmission line theory
- Experience in semiconductor device physics and fiber optical communication theory
- Experience with high-speed signal integrity on-chip and board and equalization effect on fast data transmission
- Knowledge of coherent optical communication
- Knowledge of the semiconductor process flow
- Knowledge and experience in thin-film lithium niobate modulators and III-V compound semiconductor modulators
Inside this Business Group
Corporate Strategy Office is chartered to support the executive office in driving corporate initiatives, including near and long-term strategy, major cross-group decision making and ensuring cross-company alignment. To deliver to that mission, the team owns shaping, driving and synthesizing insights to directionally orient trends as well as long range strategic planning/visioning , cross company alignment and greenfield innovation. Communications are essential to drive alignment so there is a focus on communications, community and acumen development. The team is ccommitted to ensuring that Intel efforts are aligned to, and actively driving success toward the most impactful business strategies.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $139,480.00-$209,760.00
• Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs
San Juan Puerto Rico
Senior Optical Modulator Design Engineer San Juan jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.