Cobram Estate Olives Limited
Cobram Estate Olives Limited Lara VIC Australia
1 month ago
Cobram Estate Olives Limited (CBO) is searching for a passionate and enthusiastic Environment, Health and Safety Manager to join the team. This role will work autonomously reporting into the CEO and working closely with senior managers across the business. Lead and execute the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) strategy, procedures, programs and campaigns striving towards continuous improvement across multiple sites.
The Company & Values
Cobram Estate Olives is Australia’s largest producer and marketer of premium quality extra virgin olive oil. With operations in Australia and the USA, export customers in 18 countries, and a portfolio of premium brands, we are a market leader in the Australian extra virgin olive oil industry and a leader in sustainable olive farming.
Founded in 1998, Cobram Estate Olives owns Australia’s two top-selling homegrown olive oil brands, Cobram Estate® and Red Island®. Our brand strength extends from our position as Australia’s largest vertically... integrated olive oil producer. We own over 2.4 million olive trees planted on 6,584 hectares of farmland in central and north-west Victoria, together with Australia’s largest olive tree nursery, two olive mills, an olive oil bottling, storage, and the Modern Olives laboratory.
Following several years of research, we identified an opportunity to replicate our unique olive growing, olive milling, and marketing model in the USA. We have also made the achievement of a sustainable “zero waste” farming operation and the maximisation of the value of all its farming outputs one of our fundamental pillars. As part of this initiative, in 2017 the Company established its Wellness division which is responsible for the research, development and sale of products leftover from olive oil production. This is a core part of our strategy to continually improve the sustainability of our farming operations and minimise waste.
At Cobram Estate Olives, our core values describe the collective behaviours of our company and what is important to us. They are a lot more than just words on a page. Our core values represent who we are – not who we want to be. As an employer, they underpin everything we do and have allowed us to grow. With this, all team members of Cobram Estate Olives behave and make decisions based on Honesty, Passion and Humility.
The role will be primarily based at CBO’s office in Lara, with expected visits to other sites every 4 to 6 weeks.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following activities:
• Manage all aspects of the company’s EHS Management System within Australia, including developing and implementing appropriate strategies, programs, and training to identify, reduce and/or eliminate risks for all staff and contractors
• Facilitate near miss and incident investigations and be a first point of contact for EHS matters
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement, ease of doing business and process, policy and procedure simplification
• Facilitate co-operation between management and employees in developing and carrying out measures designed to proactively identify and manage closure of EHS issues through relevant committees and teams
• Ensure that risks associated with CBO and CBO’s activities are proactively identified, assessed, documented and, where required, actions are taken
• Represent CBO in community and industry groups and programs
• Manage and coordinate EHS committee meetings for all sites
• Mentor Health & Safety representatives for continuous development of a positive EHS culture
Skills & Experience
The role will ideally suit a passionate, innovative and organised Health and Safety professional wanting to take the next step in their career. The successful candidate will have a proactive work ethic coupled with the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
• Degree, certificates or work experience in relevant discipline, preferably within the disciplines of OHS, engineering or science related studies
• Proven significant professional experience supporting Manufacturing or related industry EHS function
• Knowledge of EHS legislative and statutory requirement and principles;
• A self-starter with initiative, enthusiasm and drive who anticipates and solves problems
• Being positive about improvement and new ideas and be active in implementation
• Collaborative and consultative approach;
• Highly developed communication & presentation skills (written and verbal);
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and liaise with a number of internal and external stakeholders;
• A strong presence and the ability to build trust relationships with senior stakeholders at all levels of the business;
• Current Drivers licence and ability to be away from home for multiple nights per quarter essential;
To attract the best candidates, CBO is offering a competitive remuneration package and the chance to be a part of an award-winning, well-resourced and innovative business. You will work with a tight-knit motivated team, have access to free product, birthday leave and health & wellness programs! If you are passionate about health and safety as well as wanting to grow and develop your management skills – this could be your next role!
For a confidential discussion please email [email protected]
Lara VIC Australia
Environment, Health and Safety Manager Lara VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.