SAKS OFF 5TH
SAKS OFF 5TH New York NY United States
1 month ago
Saks OFF 5TH is the premier luxury off-price destination. In its more than 100 stores in the U.S. and Canada, and online, at SaksOFF5TH.com, the company provides the best names in fashion at an incredible value through its merchandise authority, unparalleled brand access and seamless connection between ecommerce and stores.
What This Position Is All About...
The Assistant works effectively as part of the merchandising team in executing an omni merchandise strategy focused on serving our customer. In this role they will be accountable for in season business analysis, determine product needs and execution of the buy. Partnership with both external and internal partners, as well as strong communication and negotiation skills will be key to a success in this role. The Assistant role requires strong problem-solving skills and sense of urgency in driving profitable business.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $60,000 and $70,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
Who Are You:
• Action-oriented: Armed with enough information to make good business decisions quickly. Seizes opportunities more than others.
• Embracing Ambiguity: Shifts gears comfortably. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
• Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure
• Perseverance: Able to push through to closure, even with business challenges or setbacks. Motivates team to maintain focus.
• Interpersonal Savvy: Builds constructive and effective relationships internally and externally. Maintains key vendor relationships and continually develops new resources.
• Learning on the fly: Able to learn quickly and be open to change. Able to grasp the underlying issue and path to resolution, especially in problem solving. Able to develop own resources.
• Time management/priority: Uses time effectively and efficiently. Able to shift priorities as needed and manage multiple competing priorities at the same time. Can attend to a broad scope of activities.
• Career ambition/Self-development: Strong knowledge of self. Able to articulate and utilize strengths, while creating a plan to develop areas of opportunity. Able to size up situations and flex personal style as needed.
• Taste level: Knows how to buy for the customer. Maintains view of overall assortment and is able to quickly seize opportunities
You Also Have:
• BFA or BA in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or related field
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in a buying capacity, overseeing both the creative and financial aspects of merchandising
• Strong analytical skill set
• Strong ability to influence
• Entrepreneurial mindset and fast learner
As The Assistant Buyer, Men’s Footwear, you will:
• Has a broad view of how business works. Uses data to make prudent and effective business decisions. Anticipates business changes in a proactive manner and is adaptable to change
• Feels comfortable chasing business and managing liquidity expectations. Comfortable with being uncomfortable in taking calculated risks.
• Works closely with vendors, monitors industry trends, evaluates competition
• Analyzes business and maximizes opportunities. Works in-season ATS offers based on current business needs and trends
• Assists in executing the merchandise strategy, focusing on in-season management to ensure optimal productivity.
• Ability to work through ambiguity, while maintaining the agility and speed necessary to react to an off-price buying environment.
• Assists in making business decisions with the customer experience in mind, becoming a customer champion in all aspects of the buying process.
• Has knowledge of price/value equation and anticipates the needs of the business
• Learning how to drive opportunities and growing to become a creative dealmaker.
• Developing a strong sense of current business at any given moment
• Monitors and reacts to inventory productivity
• Collaborate with the Marketing and Digital team by owning the Seasonal Marketing Calendar
• Has a pulse on the market trends and the competitive landscape.
• Works closely and works well with all cross functional teams
• Communicates with store teams on signage, adjacencies, and classification strategies
• Partners with Allocation team to ensure optimal allocation execution.
• Begins to build and maintain strong and meaningful vendor relationships
If you are a California resident, click here: https://bit.ly/3Layf5I to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
• Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
• Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
• A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
• Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
• An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
We believe that our differences not only make us stronger, but also guide our evolution and future growth. All associates are expected to create an inclusive environment free from harassment, discrimination, and bullying.Together, we celebrate, advocate for, and learn from our colleagues, customers and communities to create the best environment to shop and work for all
New York NY USA
Jobs in New York NY United States
Assistant Buyer, Contemporary and Designer Collection New York jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.