Crossroads Trading Evanston IL United States
1 month ago
“Creative, friendly!” “Fun, Collaborative!” “Great Work Environment!” That’s how our employees have described working for Crossroads, a popular buy-sell-trade retailer with stores throughout the country. Do you LOVE fashion and want to work for a company that gives you the opportunity to express your creativity and also provides opportunities for growth? That’s what it means to be a Crossroads... team member.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for PT* + FT Staff
• 401k Benefits with generous employer match
• Holiday pay
• Sick pay
• Competitive wage
• Flexible work schedule
• Significant discount on all merchandise, including designer consignment pieces
• A professionally-developed buyer training program
• must average at least 20 hours per week
Crossroads Trading, a popular clothing resale shop with stores throughout the country, is looking for a full-time and part-time Buyers! Are you fashion obsessed and want to learn more about buying, merchandising, customer service and trend forecasting, all while working with a team of fashion lovers just like you? If so, this may be the job for you.
• Assessing and purchasing a wide variety of fashionable, pre-loved, quality clothing from customers.
• Pricing clothing purchased from customers, giving them the best possible price, while keeping sales merchandise affordable.
• Maintaining knowledge of current fashion trends and price points.
• Communicating store inventory needs to customers.
• Assisting with visual displays that appeal to different styles
• Working at the Point of Sale (POS) counter and handling all sales-related tasks, including operating our POS software, counting cash, making change and providing customers trade cards for the clothing they’ve sold.
• Assisting customers on the sales floor, and at the dressing room, register and buy counter.
• Processing merchandise so it’s ready for the sales floor.
• Keeping the store clean and presentable.
• Assisting with store security, including checking bags and monitoring the dressing rooms and other parts of the store.
• Love for fashion and knowledge of current trends
• Extraordinary people and customer service skills
• Open availability, including weekends
• Desire to grow within the fashion retail industry
• Mastery of sales floor support and ability to assist with store aesthetics
At Crossroads, we want you to show up as your authentic self; this means bringing all of the characteristics that make you you. We celebrate and embrace the differences of all of our employees and want you to feel that you belong, starting from day one. This is not a commitment we take lightly and it means we must regularly work and reflect on our company culture, values, and beliefs in order to identify ways to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. If you want to help us continue to lead the sustainable, pre-loved fashion industry as we’ve done for 30 years, we would love to hear from you!
Compensation: $16.50 - $19.50 per hour
If you don't see a job you are interested in, you can email your resume to [email protected]
Our Mission & Values
Who We Are
Crossroads Trading has been a leader in the resale fashion industry since 1991. We have brick and mortar locations nationwide where we buy, sell and trade on-trend used clothing to the public.
Our goal is make our customers feel great by looking great and keep clothing out of landfills. We also strive to be active, ethical, and responsible members of every community we serve and believe in doing the right thing and doing it right.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Crossroads is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where team members and customers from all backgrounds can come together to look good and feel great. We celebrate and embrace the differences of all our team members and want you to feel that you belong, starting from day one.
Crossroads takes pride in helping develop and promote team members through our Grow from Within program. We provide clear paths to promotion for all positions and offer valuable training in management, buying, merchandising, customer service, and more!
Pursuant to any “Ban the Box” ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Crossroads’ policy is to fill every position without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital or partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. CTC is an equal opportunity employer and selects employees on the basis of ability, experience, training, and character. Please contact the president or CEO of Crossroads Trading Co. if you have any questions or complaints regarding this policy.
Crossroads believes that part of being a great place to work means offering a generous benefits package to its team members. Depending on eligibility, Crossroads offers the following benefits to team members
Evanston IL USA
Jobs in Evanston IL United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.