Incorporated Orthopaedic Hospital Of Ireland
Incorporated Orthopaedic Hospital Of Ireland Dublin Ireland
1 month ago
Position: Staff Grade Occupational Therapist
Contract: Permanent Contract.
Hours: 35hrs per week
Closing date: Thursday 27th April at 5pm.
HSE 1st March 2023 Staff grade OT pay scale applies to this position.
Clontarf Hospital provides rehabilitation for patients transferred from the acute Dublin hospitals. In collaboration with the acute hospitals in the North Dublin area and in line with the HSE National Clinical Programmes, Clontarf Hospital is providing Older Person, Orthopaedic and Neuro rehabilitation services.
We are looking to recruit skilled, motivated and enthusiastic Staff grade Occupational Therapists who have experience working in any of the above specialities.
You would be joining a supportive & dynamic OT team and getting the opportunity to rotate into the three clinical specialities. New graduates are welcome to apply.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Carry a clinical caseload appropriate to the post.
· Be responsible for client assessment, planning... implementation and evaluation of individualised treatment/intervention plans that are patient centred and in line with best practice.
· Collaborate with patients, family, and other staff in treatment planning /intervention to ensure that an optimum service is provided for all service users.
· Be responsible for professional standards of practice of self and staff appointed to clinical / designated area(s).
· Communicate and work in co-operation with other team members in providing an integrated quality service.
· Engage with and provide support, mentoring and supervision for assigned staff, students and volunteers ensuring that good working practice and professional standards are maintained.
· Document client records in accordance with professional standards and departmental policy.
· To participate in policy development under the direction of the Occupational Therapy Manager, to ensure adherence to best practice in Occupational Therapy and to ensure legal compliance with new and existing legislation.
· Provide a service in varied locations in line with local policy / guidelines and within appropriate time allocation (e.g. department, home visits).
· Participate in audit and research as deemed necessary by the Occupational Therapy Manager.
· To participate in research opportunities relevant to the post.
· To develop and promote professional standards of practice.
· Work within own scope of professional competence in line with principles of best practice, professional conduct and clinical governance.
· Adhere to all Clontarf Hospital's Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
Operate within the scope of Irish Occupational Therapy practice and in accordance:
1. A recognised validated University Degree or Diploma or an equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy (essential).
2. Registered with CORU (essential).
3. Display evidence of continuing professional development.
4. Post graduate employment experience in Orthopaedics and/or Rehabilitation of the Older Person and/or Neurorehabilitation is desirable.
Ideally, candidates for this position will have excellent organisational, interpersonal and clinical skills and a high standard of verbal and written communication.
Clontarf Hospital offers flexible work practices, ongoing training and development, free car parking, subsidised canteen for staff and encourages career progression.
Informal enquires can be made to Monica Devine, Occupational Therapist Manager on 01 8536913.
Please submit a letter of application and CV including details of 3 employment referees & CORU registration number to:
Occupational Therapist Manager
Staff Grade Occupational Therapist Dublin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.