Ecochain Technologies Amsterdam Netherlands
1 month ago
We are a purpose-driven scale-up company and with our innovative, scalable, and modern software solution, we enable our customers to reduce the environmental impact of their products. To support our mission, we are looking for forward-thinking talented people to join our fast-growing Product & Technology team to extend our software's functionality and usability.
We're on the lookout for a passionate and experienced Software Development Manager to lead and grow our dynamic and innovative software engineering team. As a seasoned developer who has moved into a management role, you're passionate about technology and committed to delivering high-quality products that scale and are secure.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside senior architects and analysts, leading your team in the delivery of scalable, secure, and quality products. You're experienced with our tech stack (Go, GraphQL, Neo4J, AWS, React, etc.) and have first-hand knowledge of building systems in the cloud, with... bonus points for AWS. You're as comfortable troubleshooting issues as you are managing a team event, and you thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
As a manager, you have experience working with remote teams, and you're comfortable tracking work activities using Jira and Agile Scrum methodologies. You'll provide servant leadership to your team, removing roadblocks, coaching and mentoring as needed, facilitating collaboration with internal customers, and helping your team to succeed.
One of the most exciting aspects of this role is the opportunity for personal and professional growth. You'll have the chance to work on challenging projects and learn new skills from senior team members. We're looking for a young, talented individual who is eager to learn, passionate about innovation, and excited to make a real impact on our company's success. If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Key job responsibilities
• Be the technical and people leader for software developers of various experience levels
• Recruit, hire, mentor and coach a team of talented software development engineers
• Manage the day-to-day activities of a remote development team working on SaaS applications
• Manage and execute against release plans and deliver commitments within a professional, high-paced engineering environment
• Drive improvements in software engineering practices
• Guide technical documentation of project requirements, developer processes, and end-user documentation
• 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
• 3+ years building and managing high-performance software development teams
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• You are self-motivated and a driven contributor who gets things done
• You are well-organized and detail-oriented
• You love working with others
You will be part of the Product & Technology team and report to the Head of Product & Technology.
What we offer
• Making an impact as you will work on helping to solve the biggest problem of humankind: climate change!
• A daily challenge making very complex stuff easy to use as this is not a straightforward journey!
• Enjoy the ride of the scale-up phase we’re in and evolve your skills and grow along with the company
• The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way around — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
• A 3-day quarterly team retreat to update & upgrade yourself and have some quality time with your team members in a beautiful place
• Of course an attractive salary and also the hardware of choice to work with
Our interview process:
• Screening phone call with HR
• First Interview with our Product Owner and Head of Product
• Second Interview with our Tech Lead and one of the developers
• Closing chat with our CEO
Apply for the job
If you have any questions about the company, the position, or the procedure you can contact Nynke Hessels via [email protected]
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Software Development Manager | SaaS scale-up in Sustainability Amsterdam jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.