Drees & Sommer
Drees & Sommer Rotterdam Netherlands
1 month ago
Rotterdam Experienced professional Full-time
Senior Sustainability Consultant with interdisciplinary focus on Energy, Carbon and ESG
Are you passionate about taking responsibility in driving sustainability through all aspects and phases of construction projects?
If the answer is yes, come and join us as a Sustainability Lead NL and be part of our international Engineering team at Drees & Sommer.
We are the NL branch of one of Europe’s best known, leading consultancies working across the property and construction sectors.
Our team merges design and sustainability through our Cradle to Cradle® approach, working with clients from start-ups to global corporations, to deliver value through world-class, ambitious Engineering through circular design.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by the task of developing our sustainability profile in the Dutch market, and driven to be an integral part of our growing team supporting International clients someone who... takes pride in working closely and sharing knowledge, always encouraging new thoughts and ideas.
• Be our face to clients, represent Drees and Sommer in the local market, as Sustainability Lead NL and support our local business development.
• Be part of our international and multidisciplinary consultancy team and work with our key hubs in Brussels and London.
• Develop energy and sustainability concepts for new or existing buildings, building and drawing on analytical models of energy consumption and embodied carbon emissions.
Identify opportunities to reduce operational and embodied energy / carbon through good design and circular economy approaches.
Conduct feasibility studies to improve the sustainability performance of existing buildings, with the proposal of improvement measures, and full assessment based on different criteria (e.
g. feasibility, timeline, cost, energy / carbon savings, etc.)
• Conduct sustainability checks during due diligence phases at asset transactions, e.g. carbon footprint analysis, ESG checks, EU Taxonomy assessments, using our Drees & Sommer ESG Toolbox.
• Working closely with clients including architects, developers and investors, as well as building owners, occupiers and / or operators.
Understanding their needs and working with Senior Engineer’s and Team Leads to provide ambitious and effective services.
Consulting with clients and stakeholders throughout project stages and identifying opportunities for new projects.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of sustainability consulting with a focus on energy or carbon and / or technical consultancy around building energy systems.
• Qualified to degree level in mechanical engineering, building services engineering, architecture (with technical experience) or equivalent.
• Strong aspiration for business development and client networking.
• Experience in Sustainability and ESG Due Diligence works is a benefit.
• Experience of calculating operational carbon and energy modelling is a plus, as well as an understanding of how these and other metrics have varying impacts on different projects.
• Ability to think out of the box, challenge the status quo and critically problem solve. You are able to understand complex problems and apply networked thinking.
• Experience and / or driving interest in optimisation, digitalisation, sustainability and quality assurance. Familiarity, or even accreditation with BREEAM, LEED or WELL certification schemes would be advantageous but is not essential.
• High technical know-how and social competence, as well as a good intuition for people and facts.
You are fluent in English, since the role is embedded in an international environment.
Willingness to travel / flexibility to work on international projects.
A unique chance for an entrepreneur type candidate who is ambitious to grow our sustainability services in the local market, with great career opportunities in an independent company with flat hierarchies.
Good ideas No limits .
• A growing team in a start-up environment with the backing of a large international group and an ambitious vision.
• A work environment that enthusiastically embraces and supports innovative ideas and sustainable practices.
• A human, inclusive, close-knit team and a flexible working environment that seeks to nurture your own career aspirations.
We believe this is the best way to create a thriving team.
• Varied tasks related to consulting on high-quality, innovative, reliable, sophisticated, and sustainable buildings.
• Opportunity to work on complex international projects integrated across sectors, supporting our teams and experts across locations and disciplines.
• The Drees & Sommer Academy with its wide range of advanced education and training offers.
• Attractive career opportunities in a Partner-led company with flat hierarchies.
About Our Sustainability Approach
Our sustainability and consultancy team collaborate internationally with the hubs in Paris, Amsterdam, London, Copenhagen, Vienna, and Milan, just to name a few.
The international consultancy cluster is a network to other peers and the place where we share knowledge, resources and celebrate our successes together.
The successful candidates will be part of the international team. They will work on projects together with the colleagues from other countries and they will have access to expertise they can count on.
The international team is also connected to the headquarter in Germany, where they benefit from an outstanding innovation and research capacity.
Drees & Sommer offers a flexible work approach, where interaction and a visit to other offices to meet with the team will always be appreciated.
What makes us different?
• We work in an international team and collaborate closely with colleagues from other Hubs.
• We drive sustainability throughout the entire supply chain of a building, from the strategic consultancy at the investment phase to the development of a sustainable product.
• With the EPEA subsidiary, we are founders of the Cradle-to-Cradle principles. Drees & Sommer is a market leader on Circular Economy, with experience of years and plenty of completed projects where Circular Economy has been successfully implemented.
• Drees & Sommer provides space and room to grow ideas and innovation in our Innovation Hub and invest and collaborate with start-ups in the prop-tech sector to transfer an idea to a marketable service.
• We have an interdisciplinary competence ranging from cost consultancy to material scientists to provide holistic solutions.
• We support good ideas - and no limits. They want their employees to become entrepreneurs within the company. That’s what Drees & Sommer stand for.
Our Sustainability Services
Sustainability is embedded in all our services and business fields at Drees & Sommer. We cover the full supply chain of different Real Estate Sectors across all phases.
Examples of our key services include :
Real Estate Consultancy : ESG, Carbon and EU Taxonomy assessments during Asset Transaction, climate protection roadmaps for Asset Portfolios, Sustainability Reporting Consultancy, etc.
• New Developments - Design Consultancy : Sustainability Strategies, Green Building Certifications, Sustainability Concepts, Zero Carbon Concepts, Energy and Room Climate Concepts, Building Simulations, and Parametric Design.
• Existing Buildings Optimization : Energy Audits and Building Survey, Feasibility Studies, Optimization Strategies.
• Corporate Consulting : Sustainability Process, Target Setting, Corporate Carbon Footprint Analysis, Solution and Roadmaps.
We would like to receive your CV with motivation!
Do you have any questions? Please contact Nikki Langemeijer (nikki.langemeijer dreso.com). She will be happy to tell you more about our organisation and the opportunities we can offer you.
Drees & Sommer is an innovative consultancy, planning, building and management partner.
As a leading European consultancy, planning, building and management company, we help constructors and investors with all aspects of property and infrastructure offering both analogue and digital support.
Drees & Sommer offers cutting-edge consultancy for successful building projects, profitable portfolios, efficient infrastructure and liveable cities.
Prospective employees choose Drees & Sommer for our strength in innovation, digitization, sustainability and profitability.
This combination of strengths is what gives Drees & Sommer an edge. When you work for us, you get the opportunity to work on successful and cutting-edge projects and make a real impact.
The blue way : where reason meets emotion
Our employees work in interdisciplinary teams, globally, supporting clients operating in a diverse range of sectors. We are sustainable and holistic in how we think and what we do.
Bringing a holistic approach to sustainability means that economics, ecology and functionality are inseparable for us. At Drees & Sommer, we call this holistic approach the blue way .
Balancing reason and emotion, it shapes the entire way our company operates, both internally and externally.
You can find out what we stand for and what we deliver to our clients here.
We have worked on everything from office buildings and district planning to pre-construction consultancy. Find the projects that interest you.
For which area does your heart beat? With us you have the chance to specialize. Learn more about our sector.
Spirit for Success
Assembling the right mix of talent across different business units and locations, we work hard to deliver success for our clients and we love what we do.
In line with our philosophy of Right mix. Real value , we care about creating a positive atmosphere at work, and about fairness and openness.
Our approach to work projects is mirrored in our hiring process : we go for the candidate who has the passion and expertise that qualifies them for the job at hand.
The result of this is that we end up with teams that are naturally diverse. Together, we achieve great results and we enjoy our work and the success that we generate for our clients.
Our vision : what we believe in
Value guaranteed, success with integrity, good ideas no limits, leading the way, independent together, passion for performance, globally local, innovation for the future : together, these eight statements make up Drees & Sommer’s corporate philosophy.
They express what makes us tick, how we work together and what makes us unique.
We are families...
Are you interested in technical or commercial building consultancy, project management, technical building equipment or site supervision?
We have summarized these kinds of roles into parent categories. On the operations side of our business, these are consultancy, planning, project management and building management.
Decide what parent category appeals to you and what type of work best suits your skills and goals. All categories offer both specialist and management career paths.
The idea of collaboration flows through the entire Drees & Sommer group : from the way the company is structured, to the way management and employees interact regardless of differences in seniority or experience to, most importantly, the way we approach relationships outside the company.
And our partners themselves embody the collaboration model, driving the Drees & Sommer group forward as our managing owners.
Whoever said that innovation can’t be continual? Innovation is part of our company DNA. We have been the leading innovator in the market for more than years, setting new standards for our clients, the company and the building and property sector.
A company that cares
Our objective is not just to be successful in business : we also want to have a positive impact on the environment and society.
From scouting start-ups to developing new business models and implementing innovative projects, we do it all. Find out more about our pioneering work.
A selection of certificates and official seals that we have received as an employer.
YOU DECIDE for an employer that offers more. With DRESOMORE, we put the focus on people in other words on you. Our program includes offerings in the areas Business, Balance and Benefits.
In this way, we create inspiring work environments for our colleagues, promote their health and wellbeing, and offer attractive discounts and additional benefits.
We offer inspiring work environments as well as the opportunity to organize your working day in a flexible manner.
At Drees & Sommer, the focus is on people. Because only with our employees can we create a Climate for the Future’. That’s why we offer a range of programs that promote fitness and wellbeing.
We offer our employees a wide a range of benefits, discounts and additional services. This creates additional added value from mobility subsidies to employee offers and a pension scheme.
Get all the information you need about Drees & Sommer as an employer of choice, with our international career brochure.
Here we give you an overview of the application process at Drees & Sommer.
Any questions? Give us a call! We are looking forward to your application
Sustainability Lead Rotterdam jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.