Ridge and Partners LLP
Ridge and Partners LLP Reading United Kingdom
1 month ago
With one of the largest teams of chartered surveyors in the property sector, located in regional offices across the UK, we have a depth and breadth of experience, expertise and local knowledge to support our clients at every stage of property investment, ownership and occupation from acquisition to disposal.
Due to our continuing success and as we continue to expand as a company and within our Building Surveying team in Reading; we are now on the lookout for a passionate and driven Building Surveyor who is looking to develop their career.
Role And Responsibilities
• Client management and contract administration/practice duties
• Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
• Carry out building and measured surveys
• Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
• Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates... planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
• Analyse and report on building defects
• Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
• Prepare schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
• Provide advice in connection with planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, government grants, conducting arbitrations and acting as an expert witness
• Supervision of building work on site
Experience And Skills Required
• Relevant degree qualified - RICS approved
• MRICS Chartered
• Extensive survey experience would be an advantage
The role will require you to be the key point of contact with our prestigious clients, therefore a high level of communication skills and commercial awareness are essential for being successful in this role.
You will be of an analytical mind with a high level of intellect - combining excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations. You will need to demonstrate the capable of eventually managing individual team members with picking up and organising their project work and where necessary, assisting them on projects.
Ridge & Partners LLP is an award-winning multi-discipline and is a financially secure consultancy, delivering successful property and construction solutions across the UK and around the world.
What We Can Offer
This role offers you the chance to progress your career at a forward thinking, friendly company. Along with providing you with an opportunity to learn and develop skills and qualifications as part of a dynamic team, we also offer;
• Ability to contribute to the growth and development of the team, adding value to our growing business
• 25 days holiday - entitlements increase by 1 day per annum after 3, 5 and 8 years
• Company car allowance
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Standard 6% Ridge Contribution - rising to 7% after 5 years, and 8% after 10 years
• Highly competitive salary
• Salary Sacrifice - Cycle to Work Scheme
• Buying and Selling Annual Leave
• Gym Membership Scheme
• Company car leasing scheme
When you join Ridge and Partners, you will be surrounded by professional people who are experts in their field. You will work with and be surrounded by mentors and a support network to help you to embrace new challenges, grow, develop your skills and experience to progress with your career.
Ridge has climbed to 14 th position in the Building Magazine Top 150 Consultants, whilst continuing to rise within the Top 50 Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, and Surveyors lists – with us in the top 10 surveyors in the country. Showcasing our continued success
Jobs in Reading United Kingdom
Chartered Building Surveyor Reading jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.