SNC-Lavalin French Southampton United Kingdom
1 month ago
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies, employing over 2000 staff, with a turnover in excess of £150 million. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we are dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
In line with our growth strategy for 2023, Faithful+Gould have a great opportunity for a Managing Building Surveyor within our Southampton office. The opportunity will be focused around furthering existing client relationships and driving further growth and technical acumen in the office.
The Southampton Building Surveying team is connected well into our wider building surveying operations, allowing support and collaboration with over 180 Building Surveying colleagues nationwide. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to bring their own skills, network and personality to work within a growing team in a positive, professional and... collaborative environment.
The Southampton office is located in central Southampton and we adopt an agile working policy.
• MRICS qualified Building Surveyor.
• Will commit to work to the Faithful+Gould values of positive, professional and collaborative working.
• Will have the drive and self-motivation to self-manage further industry qualification and to continuously develop technical & behavioural skills.
• Will commit to the agreed training plan and objectives.
• Will have the ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
• Will be able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
• Can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Can demonstrate the ability to work both collaboratively and on your own initiative.
• Will have a flexible approach to work.
• Can demonstrate a strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgement.
• Will be able to show evidence of the ability to write cogent and grammatical reports.
• Full Driving licence and ability/willingness to be mobile across Hampshire, Dorset and West Sussex (with ad-hoc travel to other areas and Faithful+Gould offices as required).
• Helping develop our opportunities and growth within a chosen specialism, e.g. defence, etc.
• Helping compile scopes of work and production of design information including drawings.
• Contributing to project planning and execution.
• A detailed understanding of construction technology and building services.
• Attending design team and construction stage team meetings.
• Working collaboratively on large scale survey projects.
• Liaising with your senior colleagues to ensure technical deliverables are delivered on time to the client requirements.
• Attending site under own initiative and conduct accurate surveys where appropriate.
• Managing own workload.
• Undertake all matters relating to the agreed training plan.
• Demonstrate a highly motivated, proactive approach to work matters.
• Client care and business development skills, ideally with own network.
• An ability to conduct themselves in a courteous manner with a high level of professionalism.
• Have a conscientious and attentive attitude to work at all times.
• IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Full driving licence and own car.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability
Jobs in Southampton United Kingdom
Managing Building Surveyor Southampton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.