Medialab Group West End Southampton United Kingdom
4 weeks ago
TV / AV Buying Executive – Medialab Bootcamp 2023
Following another incredibly successful year of growth, we are excited to be launching the third year of our Bootcamp scheme! We are offering the opportunity to join the UKs leading independent Media Agency, alongside a cohort of Media Executives, on the Medialab Bootcamp training Scheme in a permanent, full-time role, as a AV Buying Executive.
You’ll join our growing AV Buying team, getting stuck into media buying early on, coupled with a 6-week intensive course into the world of Media and TV Buying. Throughout your training, you will obtain best in class industry professional qualifications with the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising), Sky and qualifying in Thinkbox TV Masters, to name a few.
The AV Buying team are responsible for working with the largest TV, AV & On-Demand Streaming media owners in the UK, such as ITV, Channel 4 and Sky, to negotiate and buy advertising space for the full portfolio... of Medialab’s high profile clients. Working closely with the Media Planning team, the AV Buying Executive will be responsible for building successful relationships with key contacts at TV channels, sales houses and media owners, helping t0 execute media plans through placement of our client’s advertising across a broad range of programming, ensuring relevance and campaign effectiveness for our clients’ campaigns.
What you’ll be doing:
As a TV Buying Bootcamper, you will join our growing AV team, learning their craft on a day-to-day basis. No prior experience or qualifications are required. We have the people and tools to train you from the ground up and you will build a full understanding of the mechanics involved in the trading of TV Airtime. Spending valuable time gaining exposure to our Client Planning Teams across the business, you will learn how to become a successful Media Buyer, in a fast paced and exciting, successful environment
You will become great at building relationships, managing multiple workloads and working to get the best out of yourself and your team. Building trust with colleagues and media owners alike, you’ll build your business administration, negotiation and communication skills – kick starting your career in Media Buying. Day to day tasks include:
• Delivery of all AV campaigns to specified target and value across an array of Medialab’s clients.
• Ensuring all media plans are approved by the client and administered correctly in line with internal processes.
• Making sure all media bookings are accurately booked on internal systems,
• Downloading new schedules from the TV sales houses daily and acting quickly to any changes on the schedules.
• Constantly chasing value and campaign improvements.
• Making sure all deadlines are met.
• Regular communication with colleagues, keeping them up to speed regarding campaign delivery.
• Building and maintaining relationships with sales house representatives.
What kind of person are you?
We are looking for a personable, enthusiastic and proactive individual who is looking to start a career within TV and Media. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a team, is eager to learn and develop within a fast-growing, fast paced business.
We don’t mind if you are a school leaver or graduate straight out of college or university, if this is your first role, or you come to us with some experience. If you can demonstrate proactivity and hunger for learning, we will, in turn, provide you with the platform to kick start your career in TV Buying at a leading and award-winning media agency!
You will also be:
• Passionate about media & marketing, and the clients we work with
• A clear communicator with the ability to build strong relationships
• Excellent written and verbal English
• Confident to pick up the phone and talk to people
• Not afraid to ask questions or try your hand at negotiation
• Proactive and enthusiastic
• Ability to work well within a team and take ownership for tasks
• Ability to work well under time pressures
• Detail orientated, with an eye for perfection
• Numerate; enjoy maths and analytics
• Experienced using Excel at a basic level, as a minimum
• Natural problem solver and solutions orientated
• Positive, driven and self-motivated learner
WHO WE ARE:
Medialab is the UK’s leading independent media agency, and one of the fastest growing. We’re a Media agency that’s made differently. Purpose-led, data-driven, founder-run and proudly independent. Our independence means we can focus 100% on doing the right thing to secure success for our clients and our brilliant people. Offering media, marketing, digital and data services to a wide variety of clients who we are trusted to deliver success for, including SunLife, Laithwaites Wine, EMMA, National Trust, Mind, Guide Dogs, Alzheimer’s Society, RLNI and Clearscore.
We’re a team of 120 people (and growing), based near Oxford Circus and our people-first, purpose-driven culture has been a key part of our success. Our entrepreneurial spirit means success is rewarded and there are no limits to what you can achieve, as shown by continuously climbing the ranks of Campaign’s ‘Best Places to work’ table, year on year, and being the only agency to achieve ‘Gold’ in Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Index 2022.
Fundamentally, we believe the best business decisions are made when they are informed by data. Data is our heritage and has been at the heart of our business since inception over sixteen years ago. We encourage, educate and help clients to use data in the most insightful way, to plan and buy across all media channels and deliver the right media solutions for business success.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
Working at Medialab comes with lots of perks including all the usual things you would expect, such as a competitive salary package, workplace pension, season ticket loans, cycle to work schemes, weekly social events and big summer / Christmas parties.
On top of that, we offer some extra staff incentives which make life at Medialab even more rewarding:
• Hybrid working between office and home
• 28 days holiday, (including office closure between Christmas and New Year)
• Extra day off on your birthday
• Quarterly reviews to enhance career progression
• Continuous professional development and training - CPD Gold accreditation by the IPA
• Amazing long service rewards including a long weekend/week away at Medialab’s expense
• Charity volunteering days and other charity initiatives
• Free access to Health and Wellbeing Apps including Headspace, Bloom (CBT) & Blinkist.
• Confidential Employee Assistance Program with free professional counselling.
• Access to Mental Health Allies (1 in 10 employees are trained in Mental Health First Aid).
• A whole host of wellbeing support, as part of our Commitment to Mind’s Mental Health at work standards.
• A diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has opportunities to engage in open and honest dialogue and hear from inspirational guest speakers though our regular ‘Together We Stand’ open forum.
We take equality, equal opportunities and equal pay very seriously, and want to make sure that our Marketing Bootcamp is accessible to all. Therefore, we will be paying above London Living Wage for the opportunity, and once you become a fully-fledged permanent Account Executive, your salary will increase in line with your entry-level peers.
Interviews will begin to take place from 17th April 2023 through to the 12th May 2023
Screening Call: Initial 15 minute screening call with HR
1st Stage Interview: Via Teams with 2 team members
2nd Stage Interview: In person interview + presentation (at our London Office)
Start date: 5th June 2023
Please note that our Bootcamp scheme offers two routes of training and job roles: AV Buying Executive and Media Planning Executive – if you are unsure which one you would be best suited to, apply for the one that you are most drawn to, and we can discuss this in your initial call with HR
West End Southampton UK
Jobs in West End Southampton United Kingdom
TV / AV BUYING EXECUTIVE - BOOTCAMP 2023 West End jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.