Telespazio Madrid Spain
1 month ago
An opportunity for an experienced software engineer with experience in web applications to work onsite at ESA -ESAC (Madrid) for Telespazio UK supporting software development work.
The work will provide support in the Data and Engineering areas in ESAC, working across all phases of the software cycle.
Responsibilities / Duties
• The successful applicant will be involved in:
• Developing new software to support space mission needs
• Maintaining existing project software
• Demonstrating scenarios to users within the scientific community
• Developing, maintaining and supporting different web applications of the communications web portal for space missions.
• All phases of the software cycle: specifications, preliminary designs, development, integration, testing and final release of production software.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Qualifications / Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Computer science, Space Systems Engineering, Physics or related... specialisation
• Web application frameworks, including Liferay DXP and Liferay 7.3
• Java development and testing tools, including; OSGI frameworks, Vaadin 8,
• Software Project Management, and build automation, tools such as Maven, Gradle
• Version Control system: SVN, git. Code repository: Bitbucket and Gitlab
• Relational Databases, such as MySQL
• HTML/XML/SVG and CSS development
• Software versioning and revision control – SVN
• Development practices; Continuous Integration
• Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
• Good English language skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
• Results orientated and good relationship management
• Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU, or UK (as applicable). Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Software Developer (Spain) Madrid jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.