Azimuth Corporation Dayton OH United States
1 month ago
Some Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To, The Following
Azimuth Corporation is looking for a qualified Engineer with experience in the areas of optics and photonics to join a vibrant and active research effort relating to the design and optimization of optical metamaterials and metasurfaces to work with the Accelerated Materials Exploration and Design group at the Air Force Research... Laboratories (AFRL) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) in Dayton, OH. This research opportunity involves the exploration and design of metamaterials and metasurface for passive optical computing systems.
• Provide research expertise in the field of liquid crystalline components.
• Lead the synthesis, processing, and characterization of solutions, films, and devices comprising members of this material family.
• Collaborate with a cross-disciplined team of government, civilian, contractor, and industrial personnel.
• Develop and apply advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) techniques and computational electromagnetics simulations to accelerate the design of these optical metamaterial systems
• PhD: Physics, Optics, Materials Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a closely related science or engineering field
• Proficiency in computational electromagnetics simulation
• Familiarity with Linux/Unix operating systems (e.g. Ubuntu, Red Hat) including the use of a terminal environment and bash scripting
• Proficiency in Python; desired experience with scientific python packages including NumPy, SciPy, Matplotib, scikit, and pandas
• Proficiency in advanced data analysis and visualization
• Familiarity with AI/ML software packages such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Theano, and Keras
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as demonstrated by public presentations and peer-reviewed publications
• Ability to research, devise, and learn new techniques and technical topics
• Ability to work independently and in a group setting
• Ability to use Google Workspace (Google Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office and Teams
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Ability to obtain a Clearance Required: Applicants selected will be subject to a security clearance check and/or a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Physical Requirements / Travel
• May travel ~10% to conferences, program reviews, industry meetings, or other collaborative events. Most or all travel would be CONUS (Continental United States).
• Must be able to work in an office environment at a desk and computer using a keyboard and mouse; potential for remote work/work-from-home
• Must be able to work in a lab environment
• Must be able to lift or carry up to 25 pounds
Azimuth is an award-winning Woman Owned Small Business specializing in providing research and development and professional services support to the federal government. Azimuth's agility, customer driven approach and our commitment to our employees allows us to meet and exceed our client goals. Excellence, Integrity, Accountability, Community and Humility are the core values of Azimuth as we continue to strive as a recognized leader in the management consulting community that both federal agencies and industry partners value doing business with. We are an organization that offers both our employees and clients an exceptional experience; our culture will be contagious, while always maintaining a genuine reputation.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor
Dayton OH USA
Jobs in Dayton OH United States
Optical Research Physicist/Materials Engineer Dayton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.