Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Raytheon Missiles & Defense Denver CO United States
1 month ago
Country:United States of America...
Location:AZ807: RMS AP Bldg 807 1151 East Hermans Road Building 807, Tucson, AZ, 85756 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
• *This position is eligible for a minimum of $10,000.00 Sign-On Bonus*
• *Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal candidates.
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Opportunity to work within the Materials Engineering organization, focusing on material compliance, obsolescence, documentation, and shelf life management.
This position is in beautiful Tucson Arizona but has the benefit of being able to be worked from home more than half the time, with manager approval. Workdays are Monday through Friday, with flexible work times. Due to the physical nature of the work, qualified candidates must also be able to lift 22 lbs. Collaboration with engineers, subject matter experts, and suppliers is required. Applicant must be able to manage and coordinate a wide variety of simultaneous tasks within set schedule requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a scientific background, preferably chemistry, good organizational and problem solving skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, experience with technical documentation, and attention to detail.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
This role will support the Materials Management section encompassing the following tasks:
• Material obsolescence tracking and management.
• Creation and maintenance of material and process specifications.
• Creation and maintenance of RMD and supplier test instructions.
• Review and approval of material shelf life.
• Support Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Supply Chain organizations by resolving issues related to the procurement of material and other tasks to ensure the use of compliant material at RMD.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or similar Material Science or STEM degree.
• Two 2 years of prior materials management experience or have an advance degree with related academic materials management skills
• Experience with technical materials engineering documentation.
• Any experience with the following: material testing/analysis such as: hardness, adhesion tests, sample preparation procedures, cross sectioning.
• Academic or profession experience with any analytical chemistry, instrumental analysis, infrared spectroscopy, chromatography, and thermal analysis.
• Experience with any material safety datasheets, technical datasheets, and internal, commercial, and military specifications.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government issued security clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
• Current/Active DoD clearance or SSBI
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking and analytical skills and behaviors.
• Good communication, interpersonal, planning and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
• Must be a self-starter and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
• Must set high quality standard and be action oriented
• Good written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
• Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
What We Offer :
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Denver CO USA
Jobs in Denver CO United States
Minimum $10k Sign-on Bonus Materials Management Engineer II Denver jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.