ClearanceJobs Marion VA United States
1 month ago
Basic Qualifications Requires a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 2+ years of job-related experience or a Master's degree. Agile experience preferred. CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: A Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required and must be obtainable within a reasonable period of time from hire. Applicants... selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Responsibilities for this Position ROLE AND POSITION OBJECTIVES: General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Materials & Process Engineer - Composites. (Sr Mechanical Eng) This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Lead the development of strategic tasks or small projects by applying engineering and organizational knowledge and expertise to achieve technical goals
• Support Production Program root cause investigations relating to materials and processes, and recommend solutions
• Support Development Program qualification testing, including writing test plans, supporting on site testing, and writing test reports
• Support Internal Research and Development projects
• Understand and interpret the technical, organizational and process aspects of the tasks assigned and relate them to the technical needs of the overall project or organization
• Plan and execute small projects or task elements within larger projects, organizations, or for groups of projects
• Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering tasks or small projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
• Actively identify technical and organizational risks and ensure that they are included in risk mitigation plans
• Participate in the proposal process including preparation of cost estimates and technical writing
• Participate in feasibility studies and testing of new and modified designs
• Travel will be required (infrequent to up to 10%) KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience with polymer matrix composite manufacturing processes including hand lay-up/autoclave cure, adhesive bonding, and resin transfer molding (RTM)
• Knowledge of the polymer chemistry of epoxy, bismaleimide (BMI), polyimide, and cyanate ester resins as they relate to the processing of pre-impregnated fabrics and unidirectional tapes commonly used in fiber-reinforced composite structure and adhesive systems
• Experience with developing and writing process specifications and work instructions for composite fabrication operations
• Experience with composites materials testing and qualification methods, both mechanical and thermal
• Knowledge of chemical surface treatments and processes involved in both electroless plating and electroplating on non-metallic surfaces, photosensitive resist application, and metal etching in an industrial environment
• Experience in implementing new processes, documentation, quality/process controls, and operator training
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications; detail oriented
• Analytic and problem solving skills
• Experience with coatings a plus Our Commitment to You:
• An exciting career path with opportunities for continuous learning and development.
• Research oriented work, alongside award winning teams developing practical solutions for our nation's security
• Flexible schedules with every other Friday off work, if desired (9/80 schedule)
• Competitive benefits, including 401k matching, flex time off, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, health & wellness programs, employee resource and social groups, and more
• See more at gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits Workplace Options:
• This position is a Hybrid work schedule with a minimum of 3 day's on-site.
• While on-site, you will be a part of the Marion Va. team.
• Relocation assistance and/or sign on bonuses may b e available. MARION, VA area:
• Marion is nestled in the Virginia Highlands, abounding in beautiful countryside. State parks in all directions, it is an outdoor paradise for anyone who enjoys camping, hiking, fishing, kayaking, hunting, and/or just the simple pleasure of being outside amongst natural beauty. The Appalachian Trail runs through town and Mt. Rogers is an easy daytrip.
• Big city attractions are at a comfortable distance. Blacksburg, VA, Charlotte, NC, Knoxville, TN, and Bristol Motor Speedway are all within a two-to-three-hour drive.
• The small size of Marion yields shortened commute times. In-town commutes average around ten to fifteen minutes. Nearby towns, such as, Abingdon and Wytheville provide increased housing options while maintaining a benign commute of less than an hour.
#CJ2 Target salary range: USD $93,000.00/Yr. - USD $103,200.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. Company Overview At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world's most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what's possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems. We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing. We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Marion VA USA
Jobs in Marion VA United States
Materials & Process Engineer- Composites with Security Clearance Marion jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.