Lincoln Healthcare/Medforce Kildare Ireland
1 month ago
Position: Social Care Worker - (Adults Residential)
Reports to: Person In Charge
Location: Kildare - Ireland
Salary: up to €16.16PH (DOE)
Abbreviated, full job description will be provided on application.
The position requires a high degree of understanding and commitment to the residents and to the Client’s Community. The prime consideration at all times must be for the welfare and wellbeing of the residents. This position requires a high degree of professionalism with confidentiality being of the utmost importance.
The Social Care Worker must have the ability to work with people with an intellectual disability and must believe that the person has the right to live and participate in the community equally with other people. The Social Care Worker, in co-operation with the Shift Lead and the Person In Charge will be responsible for the overall growth and direction of the residents, working within the ethos of Community Guidelines.
The person appointed must... be highly responsible and reliable, be competent in household management and have the ability to create and maintain a homely and supportive environment. The position requires a maturity enabling the person to resolve conflict and can understand and empower people with sometimes quite divergent points of view. The person appointed should be flexible in their approach to service provision and should have the ability to lead and work as a member of a team.
• Respect each person who uses the services as an equal citizen.
• Uphold and respect the human, legal and constitutional rights of each person who uses the service, recognising their individuality and equality, and empowering them to grow, thereby achieving the highest possible level of personal autonomy.
• Facilitate, encourage and develop the choice and decision-making skills of people who use the services.
• Facilitate, encourage and develop the self-advocacy skills of and opportunities for involvement in advocacy for people who use services.
• Enable each individual supported by the services to pursue and maintain their individual hobbies and interests.
• Foster, encourage and develop the self-help and social skills of each individual supported by the services so as to achieve the greatest degree of autonomy possible.
• Facilitate each individual supported by the services to actively participate and integrate into the community, through the use of generic community facilities.
• Ensure a person centred approach to service delivery.
In the context of the individual person centred plans support people who use the service with aspects of individual and group service responses including:
• Occupation and leisure activities
• Behaviour support plans
• Independent living skills
• Social Integration and the use of community facilities
• Personal Care
• Personal Development
• Act as a Key Worker for specific individuals.
• In consultation with the individual take the lead in developing and implementing person centred plans for those individuals for whom you act as key worker and ensure that the needs identified are appropriately addressed and participate in residents reviews as required.
• Ensure all medical appointments are coordinated and supported.
• Ensure a healthy and nutritious diet is offered and takes individual choice into account.
• Develop and implement appropriate training, leisure, social, and personal activities for individuals within the service area.
• Facilitate individuals to actively participate and integrate into the community, through the use of generic community facilities.
• Ensure that all behaviour support plans that are put in place by the Multidisciplinary Team are carried out and adhered to.
• Foster, encourage and develop the self-help and social skills of each person so as to achieve the highest possible degree of personal autonomy.
• Ensure that people who use the service have an awareness of required personal hygiene and personal appearance standards and support them in attaining such standards. This may include the participation in and support of individualised personal hygiene programmes including personal care.
Support the individual by ensuring appropriate:
• Physical support – moving and handling, fire safety, cleaning, laundry, infection control, mobility, and communication needs.
• Personal care – dressing, bathing, toileting, assistance with eating, sleeping support, skin care, first aid, and health promotion.
• Facilitate and encourage participation of individuals in recreational and leisure activities.
• A minimum of a Level 7 on the QQI Framework - BA in Social Care Studies or equivalent relevant qualification in Health or Social Care
• Candidates must have 1 years’ experience of working with vulnerable adults or adults with intellectual disabilities
• An understanding of current policy and developments at national and sectoral level in relation to Social Care within disability services.
• Thorough knowledge of HIQA Regulations and Standards and the relevant regulative framework
We are open to speaking to people currently living in Ireland with the relevant requirements and would also be able to assist overseas / Expat workers looking to return to Ireland.
Please apply through the link provided and we will come back to you as soon as possible to answer any queries or provide extra advice/information.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €16.15-€16.16 per hour
• Employee assistance program
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Co Kildare, CO. Kildare: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• Social work: 1 year (preferred)
• Full driving licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: VR/00092
Social Care Worker - (Adults Residential) Kildare jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.