GEMS Wellington Academy - Dubai Silicon Oasis
GEMS Wellington Academy - Dubai Silicon Oasis Dubai - United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
1 month ago
When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
Opening in 2011, GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis (WSO) is a Premium British School located in a prestigious area of Dubai. WSO has over 4000 students from FS1 to Y12; although WSO is large, it is effectively broken down into much smaller sections. There are currently 2880 in the Primary School, which is at full capacity. The Secondary... School has a current roll of 1366 with the KS3 years near to full capacity. Each School occupies its own building within the Campus.
The WSO focus is ‘World Class – World Ready’; to support this, we have truly world-class and stunning facilities – a simply superb environment for the students to grow, learn and succeed. Virtually all teaching staff are either British or Irish; they operate at a very high level of expectations in teaching and professional development.
We deliver British curriculum from the Foundation Stages through to Year 11. At post-16, we offer the IB, with pathways to study either the Diploma Programme or the Career-Related Programme. University success rates are high, with the (i)GCSE results easily exceeding UK averages. WSO demonstrated exceptional levels of innovation both in technology and its pedagogy; therefore, some of the best practice from across the world is blended into our programme. A significant emphasis is placed on the co-curricular programme; in particular, performing arts, sport and outdoor education.
About the Role:
GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis are seeking to recruit a well-qualified School Counsellor for September 2023. The successful School Counsellor will be responsible for designing and delivering a school counselling program that improves student outcomes. Through a culturally competent lens, the professional school counsellor will serve as a leader, advocate for students, a consultant to families and educators and a collaborator to promote equity and access for all students.
Postgraduate Diploma or Masters level in counselling or a related field (for example: Masters in Counselling Psychology, Masters in Social Work)
• 2 years minimum experience in a school, school related environment
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of local laws on licensing and getting licensed
• Knowledge and understanding of mental health and safeguarding laws.
• Knowledge and ability to use technology with proficiency
• Further therapeutic training or qualification in working with children and young people
• An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young
• Knowledge and understanding of data collection, disaggregation and presenting
• An awareness of the range of needs of people from diverse ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds
• Knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to the safeguarding of children and mental health in the region
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Positive communication and listening skills
• Ability to build appropriate relationships
• Patience, tolerance and sensitivity
• A mature and non-judgemental outlook
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Jobs in Dubai - United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
School Counsellor - September 2023 Dubai - United Arab Emirates jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.