Michael Page Newport United Kingdom
1 month ago
About Our Client
My client is a growing Distributor who are based within the Newport. They are within the Logistics Distribution and Supply chain sector.
This is a very rare exciting opportunity however you must be within a realistic commute to Newport.
Key Responsibilities of the Transport Manager
• The role will co-ordinate the customer's requirements ensuring customer satisfaction and procedural conformance whilst ensuring contractual obligations are met and timely reporting of relevant KPI's for a Team of Shift Leaders & Drivers.
• Responsible for managing change positively and effectively by pro-actively managing operational planning and changing customer requirements.
• To ensure that the transport function is legally compliant by ensuring correct compliance processes are in place, and monitored within the O-licence regulations
• Take responsibility for health and safety and the co-ordination of associated activities.
• Ensure a customer focused approach... whilst being responsive to customer requirements. Create excellence in customer relationship management by improving the service offered.
• To ensure absence and holiday cover is in place for the role and also assist in absentee and holiday cover where required.
• To ensure good quality communication with the customers on a day to day basis and to deliver any agreed actions required to keep the operation efficient.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Manager will have the following attributes:
• Have experience working in a similar role, dealing with drivers & Warehouse staff on a daily basis
• Transport Experience
• Proven track record in process improvement in Cost, OTIF and Driver Engagement
• Have strong knowledge of all relevant transport legislation and be able to hold the O' licence
• Have an awareness of Transport Planning
• Be a strong people manager
• Understand planning software
• Have strong passion for the role and drive to make change
• Hold an International CPC
• Live within commutable distance of Newport
What's on Offer
For the successful Transport Manager you will receive;
Salary - £38,000 - £45,000
Holidays 25 + Bank Holidays
Pension Matched up to 5%
Jobs in Newport United Kingdom
Transport Manager Newport jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.