Galapagos Mechelen Belgium
1 month ago
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices across Europe and headquartered in Belgium (Mechelen)
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Scope of the job
This position gives you the opportunity to perform top-level cellular biology and pharmacology research in an exciting and dynamic environment of a well-known successful international biotech company. You will join a team that is dedicated to cellular biology and disease understanding to support research projects in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. In this context... you will participate in the identification and validation of our therapeutic targets as well as in the understanding and positioning of targets within our portfolio. All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, international research environment that provides an excellent career opportunity for a motivated scientist.
You must have a background in immunology and/or immune cell biology and experience in immunological and cell signaling assays relevant to inflammatory and autoimmune disease. You will be expected to create experimental plans, implement in vitro assays, execute, as well as prepare reports and present results, in compliance with the project timeline
Who Are You
• You have a PhD in life sciences or a Master with 5+ years’ experience, ideally in pharmaceutical industry.
• You have a profound knowledge in the fields of immunology, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
• You are able implement and independently interpret results of cellular assays for analysis of biological function and pharmacological evaluation of compounds or antibodies.
• You are experienced in a wide range of technologies (luminescent and fluorescent readouts, RT-qPCR, flow cytometry, ELISA, Western Blot, cell transfection).
• Experience with gene knock-down technologies (e.g., RNAi, CRISPR/Cas9) is a plus
• In vitro and ex vivo cell pharmacology experience preferably using primary human cells is an asset.
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as good command in English (writing and speaking).
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment
Scientist Immunology Mechelen jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.