UNC Health Careers
UNC Health Careers Rocky Mount NC United States
1 month ago
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve...
Coordinates and oversees security operations and personnel on an assigned shift. As a working supervisor, performs patrolling, surveillance, escorting, investigation and intervention services in an effort to protect the safety and security of patients, visitors, employees, physicians and property. Incumbent is authorized to make arrests in accordance with the state and local provisions.
1. Patrols buildings and grounds of hospital, and observes for unsafe or illegal activity, and for doors/areas which are not secured.
2. Ensures that only authorized persons are permitted on hospital grounds.
3. Provides escort and assistance for visitors, patients and employees to and from all areas within the hospital property.
4. Responds to unusual or emergency situations using the appropriate escalation of force level by following established protocol.
5. Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients, and participates in de-escalation of situation, including physical restraint if necessary.
6. Appropriately and effectively intervenes when unruly, abusive, combative, threatening or armed persons are encountered, ensuring that the safety of victims and bystanders.
7. Investigates incidents of unusual circumstances of a civil and criminal nature reported by hospital staff, visitors, physicians or patients.
8. Provides assistance to patients, visitors and employees when vehicles won’t start, with flat tires or persons are locked out of their cars.
9. Writes incident reports and documents investigation steps and results.
10. Inspects outgoing parcels as necessary to reduce theft of hospital property.
11. Reports and/or removes all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
12. Transports cash, checks, other documents, equipment, supplies, and runs errands when requested.
13. Participates in, and responds to, all disaster alerts including Active Shooter, Bomb threats, external emergency, severe weather plans, and internal disaster plans.
14. Assist with traffic control by keeping fire lanes, fire hydrants, and ambulance entrances free of vehicles.
15. Maintains confidentiality of all matters regarding UNC Health Nash, its patients, employees and visitors.
1. High school graduate or GED.
2. Obtain Private Protective Services armed certification within 90 days of hire or Graduate of accredited Basic Law Enforcement Training Program.
3. 3-5 years law-enforcement or armed security supervisory experience preferred.
4. Experience in health care or university campus experience preferred.
5. Commissioned as a law enforcement officer by the State of North Carolina or receive Private Protective Service’s armed certification within 90 days of hire.
6. Must obtain North Carolina driver’s license within 90 days of hire.
7. CPI Certification (Must obtain within 90-days of hire). Recertification required every 2 years.
8. BCLS Certification (Must obtain within 90-days of hire). Recertification required every 2 years.
9. 2 years of experience Operations - Security/Surveillance.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Security
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Rocky Mount NC USA
Jobs in Rocky Mount NC United States
Protective Service Officer / Police Officer Rocky Mount jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.