Grant Thornton Dublin Ireland
1 month ago
Hospitality & Catering Co-Ordinator (Assistant Manager)
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed - wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we... don't just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
The Hospitality & Catering Coordinator role is a busy and exciting position within the operations and front of house team within our Client Lounge at City Quay. The role is multi-functional with back of house skills and excellent customer facing skills required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Supervise and monitor room booking on our booking system and maintaining rooms throughout the day to retain to high standard.
• Responsible for supervision and function of back of house kitchen.
• Oversee preparation of teas/coffees .
• Work with Client Services Co-ordinator to manage visitors and rooms and provide sick leave and holiday cover as necessary.
• Preparing rooms for meetings and clearing rooms post meetings and events/
• Barista experience desirable but training will be provided if necessary.
• Ability to wait on tables within our Client Lounge, take orders/clearing tables etc.
• Supervise and co-ordinate food collection and service liaising with in-house catering team
• Manage and complete stock take procedures and outputs and preparing stock orders for approval, liaising with suppliers.
• Liaise with in-house Events management team to co-ordinate room configuration changes, ordering and co-ordination of catering equipment/ furniture, liaising with in-house FM team.
• This role attracts the requirement to oversee and personally implement light cleaning duties including :
Polish Glasses /Cutlery
• Spot vacuuming/cleaning where required throughout the day.
• Report any maintenance issues to FM team in an efficient and timely manner.
• Any other reasonable requests made.
• Supervise, support and co-ordinate two other team members
• Normal working hours Mon-Fri 8am-4.30pm - ability to be flexible with hours of cover required is a must.
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Hospitality background - front and back of house
• Excellent organisation skills
• Excellent time management
• Strong communicator
• Ability to multi-task and "roll sleeves up"
• Good team player
• Good self-starter/ self-motivated
• Excellent customer service skills and a "can do" attitude
• Problem solve
• Barista experience preferable (but not necessary
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below
Hospitality & Catering Co-Ordinator Dublin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.