NBCUniversal London United Kingdom
1 month ago
NBC UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL
NBC Universal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. CNBC International is of the news networks in NBC Universal’s portfolio of companies.
CNBC is the world’s number one business and financial news network. Its mission is to help the influential and aspirational make astute decisions to get ahead by providing live market updates, breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews.
CNBC’s vast portfolio includes CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the network’s premium subscription service that provides real-time... global market data and market analysis, as well as a growing slate of live events where consumers can experience CNBC’s award-winning journalism, live.
With headquarters in New Jersey, London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi, CNBC provides a truly global 24-hour business briefing for senior business leaders, the financial community and those with assets to invest or protect. Today the channel is available in more than 392 million homes worldwide. CNBC also boasts a growing audience across its social media and digital video platforms.
Visit https://www.cnbc.com for more information.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Newsdesk Assistant Producer is an important member of the London Newsdesk and TV production team. You will work on the team that is the information and newsgathering hub for the London newsroom and for its two daily news programmes, Squawk Box and Street Signs.
You will be assigned a portfolio of daily and long-term, strategic responsibilities. This might include guest booking key daily strategist segments, spot booking during breaking news events, populating the forward planning diary with notable news events and highlights, as well as being responsible for one or two specific geographic or corporate sector beats where you’ll be responsible for monitoring relevant news stories for CNBC’s European TV leadership team. In some instances, performing these functions might require domestic UK and international travel with a CNBC reporter in a field reporting/outside broadcast capacity.
You will report into the Head of Guest Bookings for EMEA.
• Support the London Newsdesk team with guest booking and TV segment-production
• Draft briefs for TV anchors and correspondents on booked guests and news event
• Monitor news stories and events that are relevant to the CNBC audience
• Participate in daily and weekly editorial planning meetings to Identify and pitch relevant and compelling news stories and segments for European programmes
• Work with CNBC’s digital news and social media teams on joint stories and production efforts, which includes digital video clipping
• React to breaking news, including spot booking TV guests for air and/or field-producing polished and professional outside broadcasts with an anchor or correspondent.
• Build a strong list of contacts and sources in governments and corporations across EMEA
• Generate a morning editorial note to inform CNBC International newsrooms of key EMEA news stories that day
• A passion for current affairs, and broadcast news in particular
• Working knowledge of key business, financial and economic topics, newsmakers, and stories
• High standard of written and verbal English
• Ability to travel, sometimes at short notice
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Demonstrated TV news or equivalent experience, with relevant responsibilities consistent with this role
• A confident, professional communicator
• A team player who not only thrives working in collaboration with others but can also work independently
• A strong editorial sense, with the ability to see and understand what makes good news
• A proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines
• Excellent time management skills, to meet short deadlines required to work in a demanding live news environment
• Self-motivated, with a solid can-do attitude
• Additional languages, French and/or German, would be beneficial.
Please note that this position will be office based at CNBC’s London headquarters, Monday to Friday.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
ABOUT THE SHOWS
During three hours of unscripted and dynamic debate, CNBC’s flagship show leads you into and delivers the open of the European equity markets. Anchors Geoff Cutmore, Steve Sedgwick and Karen Tso are joined by leading business executives, policymakers, financial strategists, fund managers and other newsmakers to provide original points of view and instant analysis of the latest business news and key market themes.
One hour into Europe’s equity session, Street Signs provides price discovery, the street’s view and a link to the business stories trending online and on social. The show breaks key economic data in Europe and provides live price action in the biggest moving stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities. Across asset classes, is a bridge between the European and US trading days.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726
Assistant Producer London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.