Metropolitan Thames Valley
Metropolitan Thames Valley Chesterfield United Kingdom
4 weeks ago
About The Role
We are currently looking for a Care and Support Worker who is CQC Registered in the Midlands & East
Permanent Part time 20 Hours
Are you interested in starting a career in care & support? Metropolitan Thames Valley have new opportunities for care and support workers at a service in Chesterfield. This is an ideal opportunity for either someone seeking to start their career in care and support or taking the next steps to progress.
The service supports customers with learning disabilities within a supported living environment as well as those living in the community. This involves supporting them to gain and maintain independent livings skills, manage finances, participate in meaningful activities, and socialise. It also includes providing some personal care and administration of medication.
You will be required to work on a shift pattern including weekends and bank holidays. You will be required to do sleep-ins as part of your role.
Essential elements of this role... include, but are not limited to: -
• Provide support and practical assistance to customers with benefits, budgeting, paying bills and maintaining their tenancies
• Encourage and support customers to establish and maintain positive relationships with their family and friends and engage in activities which help them to achieve their personal goals.
• Provide social and emotional support to customers and help them to access appropriate services.
• Provide assistance with personal care as identified in their care and support plan.
• Promote self-advocacy and signpost customers to advocacy services as required
• Be aware of customers` wellbeing, safety, and state of health, reporting any concerns.
• Ensure all necessary records are accurate and up to date.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high-quality services to our customers we will complete an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, which will include a check of the Adult Barred list, once an offer of employment is made.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
To be successful in the role previous experience of supporting people with learning difficulties is not essential, though any formal or informal experience of supporting vulnerable people will be helpful. We are seeking individuals who are outgoing and enthusiastic and have a passion for improving people’s lives. You should be able to demonstrate that you understand what good support looks like which is appropriate to the age, gender, disability, race, religion, and sexuality of the customer.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate: -
• Good written English in order to maintain accurate records
• Basic IT skills
• Valid driving license
• A desire to care and support vulnerable customers.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
• 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
• 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
• An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
• Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
• Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
• Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
• Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
• Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
• Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
• Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
• We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment
Jobs in Chesterfield United Kingdom
Care & Support Worker Chesterfield jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.