Independent Lives Crawley United Kingdom
1 month ago
Job Title: Support Worker/ Personal Care Assistant
Hourly rate: £15.00
Hours/shifts : Permanent or Ad Hoc shifts are available. Flexibility would be an advantage to help cover holidays and sickness.
Morning duty carer; 9am-11am – Wednesday free others possible.
Night duty carer; 9.30pm-7am – No nights free
Afternoon carer; An hour between 4pm and 6pm – all days free
I live at home in Crawley but need help to achieve a level of independent living. I have several health issues, but these can be managed with good, efficient, and skilled carers.
Staff will need a wide range of caring skills which will reflect my lifestyle and choices. Whilst most of the care will be done at home, there will be times when I am hospitalized and carers will be expected to work their shifts alongside the medical staff ensuring my safety always.
I have a head injury, Sleep apnea, and I am registered blind with Diabetes Type 2. I am a... wheelchair & hoist user, so experience of any or all these conditions will be an advantage.
• Other Requirements
• Drivers license preferable but not essential
All applicants must be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
To get a gentleman up using a hoist, showered and dressed.
The Successful Applicant Will Be
• Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
• Reliable with good time-keeping
• Flexible and able to cover other shifts which will include the weekend.
• Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
• Hygienic, tidy minded and well organised
• Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
• Patience and possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Honest and cheerful
• Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
• Legally permitted to work in the United Kingdom
• Able to work at all times to high standards of Health & Safety
• Desirable Criteria
• Non Smoker preferred. Smoking is not permitted in the house or car.
• Have good communication skills with blind and/or deaf awareness.
• Have experience of and qualifications of working in a care setting.
• Previous experience preferred but this is not as essential as a kind and common sense approach to these roles.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives
Jobs in Crawley United Kingdom
Support Worker/ Personal Care Assistant Crawley jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.