Hatch Mississauga Canada
1 month ago
Requisition ID: 86121
Job Category: Metals
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
If it isn't grown, it's mined. Our mining and metals teams help our clients to safely and sustainably mine the minerals and metals used in our everyday lives. Want to play a part of innovating and optimizing the mining life cycle on greenfield and brownfield facilities? Apply today
Hatch's hydrometallurgy group is a multidisciplinary team... of experienced professionals with in-depth knowledge of hydrometallurgical plants and processes across a wide range of commodities. Hatch has assisted many companies in the development of complex, novel flowsheets that bolster the business case.
Our team provides process and technical consulting, project implementation, operations assistance and safety review, custom design of unit operations and technologies to benefit operations.
We manage our clients' entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies.
Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer– Hydrometallurgy Group – Mississauga Office
Hatch is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with experience in Mechanical and Piping system design to join the Hydrometallurgy Practice. Reporting to the Practice Lead, you will support projects globally working from the Mississauga office with opportunities to work in other Hatch offices and at project job sites.
What Will a Career at Hatch Offer You:
• Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
• Work on challenging projects and problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
• Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
• Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
• Participate in local Professional Development Programs and more to develop your skills
• Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We're entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
• Work independently to apply engineering principles to perform calculations for mechanical equipment design and piping system design of hydrometallurgical equipment and processes
• Support the development of Hatch Technology by directing the detailed design of custom equipment
• Work collaboratively to share the results of your work with members of the practice and / or other Hatch groups
• Prepare equipment specification packages, construction work packages, or piping calculation reports, used to support hydromet projects
• Participate in office and site safety training and inductions as needed to support office and site activities
• Perform field verification and provide field support during construction
• Prepare lists of engineering deliverables and time-based functions to facilitate the planning and control of the engineering budget
• Manage and review engineering work packages associated with all deliverables and time-based functions to ensure that budgets and schedules are being met, and take corrective action if necessary
• Review and approve technical deliverables
• Participate in HAZOP reviews
• Promote and maintain the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of engineering work
• Adhere to and promote the Hatch corporate safety culture
• Willingness and ability to travel and work in other Hatch offices or project work sites (including remote sites) as needs and opportunities arise
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 8 years engineering experience
• Bachelor of Engineering degree from an accredited university
• Professional Engineer license
• Experience with 3D design software such as Solid Edge, Solidworks, Inventor, etc
• FEA experience is a plus
• Ability to manage and motivate individuals to attain quality, cost and schedule objectives
• Strong deliverable focus, ability to plan the work
• A high degree of understanding of inter-discipline dependencies related to the mechanical and piping disciplines
• Good understanding of procurement, contracting and commissioning methodologies
• Sound knowledge of mechanical equipment codes and standards
• Sound technical knowledge of Piping, including P&ID development, line sizing, material selection, isolation requirements and valve selection
• Familiarity with the requirements and application of pipe stress analysis
• Knowledge of advanced Piping systems and management tools is a plus
• Well-developed communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
• Site experience in a technical role is preferred
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
• Excellent understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
• Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
• Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skill
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
• Adapts and embraces change
Why join us?
• Work with great people to make a difference
• Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
• Top employer
What we offer you?
• Flexible work environment
• Long term career development
• Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation
Mechanical Engineer Mississauga jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.