Weirgroup Mississauga Canada
1 month ago
Weir Minerals Canada
Purpose of Role: The Mechanical EIT will provide effective design, analysis, and delivery of Engineered Pump Packages. This is considered an entry level Engineer In Training position and we are looking for a recent graduate to fill this position. The candidate must possess the technical expertise to design in both 3D and 2D CAD, conduct stress analysis on the steel pump base, and design for cost effective manufacturing.
Why choose Weir:
Be part of a global organization dedicated to building a better future: At Weir, the growing world depends on us. It depends on us constantly reinventing, quickly adapting and continually finding better, faster, more sustainable ways to access the resources it needs to thrive. And it depends on each of us doing the best work of our lives. It's a big challenge - but it is exciting.
An opportunity to g row your own way: Everything moves fast in the dynamic world of Weir. This creates... opportunities for us to take on new challenges, explore new areas, learn, progress and excel. Best of all, there is no set path that our people must take. Instead, everyone is given the support and freedom to tailor-make their own career and do the best work of their lives.
Feel empowered to b e y ou rself and b elong: Weir is a welcoming, inclusive place, where each individual's contribution is recognized and all employees are encouraged to innovate, collaborate and be themselves. We continually focus on people and their wellbeing. We believe in fairness and choose to be honest, transparent and authentic in everything we do.
• Focus Area: Create 3D CAD Models, as well as 2D detailed Engineering Drawings for Mine Dewatering and Slurry Pump Packages which typically includes a slurry pump, gearbox, motor, coupling and baseplates.
• Focus Area: Work closely with Product Management Team and other key stakeholders to understand the business requirements, interacting with customers on technical requirements.
• Focus Area: Define weld specifications and define inspection criteria for both welding and dimensional acceptance.
• Focus Area: Conduct laser scanning of customer mine sites and subsequently advance the cloud data into a 3D Siemens NX Model
• Safety First: Demonstrate 100% commitment to our zero harm behaviors in support of our drive towards developing a world class safety culture.
Job Knowledge/Education and Qualifications:
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for candidates that have the ability to perform the objectives above.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
• 0-2 years experience in designing rotating equipment and/or mechanical engineering systems.
• Basic knowledge of electrical & instrumentation devices
• Ability to create 3D CAD Models and 2D Engineering Detailed Drawings.
• Basic knowledge of weld symbols.
Founded in 1871, Weir is a world leading engineering business with a purpose to make mining operations smarter, more efficient and sustainable. Thanks to Weir's technology, our customers can produce essential metals and minerals using less energy, water and waste at lower cost. With the increasing need for metals and minerals for climate change solutions, Weir colleagues are playing their part in powering a low carbon future. We are a global family of 11,000 uniquely talented people in over 60 counties, inspiring each other to do the best work of our lives.
For additional information about what it is like to work at Weir, please visit our Career Page and
Mechanical - Engineer in Training Mississauga jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.