Indiana University Indianapolis IN United States
1 month ago
UNIVERSITY COUNSEL (IN-UCOU-IUINA...
The Office of the Vice President and General Counsel (OVPGC) serves as legal counsel for the University. We advise the Trustees and University Administration on all legal issues and serve as the point of contact on all legal matters involving the University.
The Office of the Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration is responsible for a wide range of business functions across the University. These functions ensure and provide efficient and safe daily operations, sound financial management, and employee benefits.
• Provides administrative support primarily for the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel with additional duties as required for the Office of the Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration.
• Serves as primary receptionist and collaborates with multiple Vice Presidents’ leadership teams and staff, including all levels of University Administrators to schedule meetings, and provide meeting support and logistics for Executives working from Vice President hoteling suites in University Hall.
• Processes purchase requisitions and maintains office supplies; processes travel reimbursements, drafts correspondence and other clerical functions as needed.
• Given the nature of the work performed in these offices, maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality in dealing with constituencies, makes quick and informed judgements when responding to callers and visitors, and provides accurate information in a timely manner.
• Provides administrative support to a department or group of professionals, exercising confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
• Utilizes business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc.; compiles data for expense and statistical reports.
• Receives, screens, and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail, and email promptly, courteously, and accurately.
• Schedules and confirms appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements; tracks expenses.
• Participates in the development and implementation of administrative standards, policies and practices for the organization.
• May perform other duties related to maintaining an internal website and/or working with social media.
• High school diploma or GED
• 2 years of relevant experience
• Experience working in a legal or executive level environment
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
• Strong verbal communication and listening skills
• Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
• Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
• Maintains composure under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail, particularly in grammar, editing and formatting documents for Executive management
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required for performing in sensitive and confidential situations with a wide range of people
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office—Outlook, Word, and Excel and Adobe Acrobat
• Knowledge of University policies and procedures and business functions in BUY.IU and Chrome River
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
• Multiple plan options for medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
• Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
• Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
• Additional supplemental retirement plan options
• Tuition benefit for IU classes
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Administrative Support
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [email protected] or by visiting IUPD.
Indianapolis IN USA
Jobs in Indianapolis IN United States
Legal Executive Liaison (Administrative Assistant) Indianapolis jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.