Rolls-Royce Bristol United Kingdom
1 month ago
Cyber Security Specialist
Why Rolls Royce?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cyber Security Specialist to join our growing Defence Cyber Security team based in Bristol working on our UK Future programmes.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Future Programmes UK and International is at the heart of securing the future growth of the Defence business. We are delivering tomorrows technology fast, by bringing together the company's best engineers, programme managers and business professionals. Working in partnership with Governments, primes and new technology companies across the globe, we deliver future solutions to meet the customers emerging requirements.
Work with us and we'll welcome you into an inclusive culture, one that invests in your continuous learning and development, and gives you access to a wide breadth and depth of experience.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary... and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. So we encourage flexible working arrangements, so you can always be at your best - wherever and whenever you work.
Is your current cyber security role enabling you to make a difference, is it fast paced, working to deploy new systems in a programme that is Digital first and support career development?
Future Programmes are looking for someone with drive, passion and commitment who can:
• Embrace agility - you will be able to respond quickly to challenges and be able to manage progress despite, missing, ambiguous, or changing requirements.
• Bold - you believe in yourself and the team to bravely push the boundaries and feel comfortable with 'failing fast' to pursue rapid knowledge capture.
• Pursue collaboration - you find strength in working with others, both inside and outside of our business, and value the diversity of people and perspectives.
• Seeks simplicity - you keep it simple and remove complexity, in how you communicate and the way you work.
As a specialist in Cyber Security, your mission is to protect the business from the worlds most advanced cyber threats.
What you will be doing:
• working with programme, product, and corporate teams to determine the technology and processes required to secure a range of Defence systems against cyber threats.
• Coordinating and leading on cyber security assurance activities. This will include defensive/secure-by-design techniques (e.g. architecture assessment, vulnerability analysis, implementation of security controls etc) and/or adversarial techniques (e.g. red-teaming, penetration testing etc).
• partnering with government clients, our supply chain and industry experts to enhance cyber security policy, standards, capability and tools across the Defence business.
• consulting internally, providing advice on the implementation of cyber security.
Who we're looking for:
• Experienced or interested in cyber security and cyber threats (e.g., experience of designing secure systems and applications; identifying threats; assessing risk, investigating cyber vulnerabilities and incidents; designing and implementing security policies, standards and procedures etc.)
• curious about novel and emerging cyber security technology solutions and industry trends
• A good understanding of cyber security compliance practice and risk management
To work for the Rolls-Royce Defence Business there may be a requirement for an individual to hold a level of National Security Vetting (NSV). If the requirement is identified Rolls-Royce will support the application for NSV if the individual does not currently already have this in place.
Join us & Power Our Future
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We welcome applications from people with a refugee background.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at careers.rolls-royce.com
Closing Date: 27th April 2023
20 Apr 2023; 00:04
Jobs in Bristol United Kingdom
Cyber Security Specialist - Defence Bristol jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.