UK Cyber Security Council
UK Cyber Security Council United Kingdom United Kingdom
1 month ago
1. Job Details:
Reports to: Director of Professional Standards
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Home based/Digital HQ (with occasional travel)
Duration: Part Time/Full Time (28 to 35 hours)
Salary £28,000 to £38,000
Contract Various - Permanent/Secondment
Staff Benefits Excellent (including 26 days annual leave and private health care)
2. About us:
The UK Cyber Security Council works to bring together stakeholders to build and drive engagement in thecyber security profession, through developing standards and ethical practice, demystifying career routesinto the profession and promoting the profession.
In collaboration with multiple UK Government departments and the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC),our approach is to co-ordinate existing programmes and shape new initiatives, in support of the ambition tomake the UK the safest place to live and work online.
We are also Royal Incorporated Organisation with corporate and organisation members who share our interest and... passion in promoting, supporting, and developing the cyber security profession.
3. About the role:
The Project Co-ordinator - Standards Development will work within the Standards Directorate focused on facilitating the development of professional Standards documentation related to cyber security specialisms under the direction of the Director.
This key role is responsible for planning and execution to deliver on the development of the Standard andassociated specialism documentation to achieve our objectives.
The role covers all aspects of relationship and stakeholder management, project management, planning, designing, executing, monitoring and reporting every aspect of specific projects; and also maintaining an overview of, and reporting on, the overall programme of projects as agreed with the line manager.
4. Main Duties and Responsibilities (not necessarily in priority order)
1. To co-ordinate, administer, facilitate and support working groups and committees to deliver on the Standards development work programme
2. To implement the Standards development strategy and delivery plan working in collaboration withinternal and external stakeholders (inc. Government Agencies)
3. To organize and facilitate working groups, as agreed with the Director, to deliver on the programme andorganisational activities
4. To regularly liaise with partner organisations and deliver professional registration workshops where relevant
5. To project manage the delivery of the agreed Standards and ethics development projects
6. To project manage pilot programmes and transitions as agreed with the line manager
7. To manage the development of documentation that supports the assessment of candidates forprofessional registration
8. To identify, manage and mitigate risk to ensure work programmes stay on track
9. To ensure appropriate records are added and maintained through use of the organisation’s CRM system
10. To ensure there is cohesive and aligned work with colleagues within the organisation
11. To develop and maintain detailed and accessible project plans using agreed planning models and tools
12. To support the individual members of staff for whom the postholder may be responsible
13. To maintain open and effective communication with internal and external colleagues
14. To prepare progress reports as required for the Director, Chief Executive, Board of Trustees or Funders
15. To comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure bothinternally and to third parties
16. To represent the Council in a professional manner and to act, at all times, in a manner which will notdamage its reputation.
17. To work from a positive, growth mindset to solve issues and problems that may arise and to adhere to theorganisation values
18. To carry out such tasks as the Director may, from time to time, deem necessary for the effective andefficient functioning of the Council
5. Person Specification:Essential Criteria:
· Experience of managing diverse and professional stakeholders
· Experience of managing projects from inception to completion
· Ability to build and maintain good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
· Experience working with committees and volunteers to develop a product/service
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information to a wideaudience
· Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to drive projects forward, solve problems and meet deadlines
· Ability to work positively in a high performing team and organisation
· Demonstrable stakeholder management skills at a variety of levels
· Highly proficient use of IT literacy including MS Office Programmes
· Knowledge of the Cyber Security profession
· Knowledge of chartership/professional registration
· Agile, PRINCE2 or similar project management certification or experience
· Educated to degree level standard or equivalent
· Experience of the development and delivery of professional Standards
· Qualification/Certification in a Cyber Security Specialist Area
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the organisation or at therequest of the line manager.
7. Next Steps
Deadline for application: 9 am Tuesday 9th May 2023
Shortlisting: 10th May
Interview week beginning: Week beginning 15th May 2023
Start date: ASAP
How to apply
Please send an up-to-date CV along with a covering letter showing how you meet the essential criteria and any of the desirable criteria to [email protected]
Important note: We may close the adverts early if we have a number of strong candidate
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Project Coordinator - Standards Development United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.