Age-Wise Solutions Inc.
Age-Wise Solutions Inc. Edmonton Canada
1 month ago
Memory Care Social Work- dementia speciality
Meaningful work that makes a real difference.
At Age-Wise Solutions Inc. our Social Worker’s protect their time to directly support residents living in a memory care neighbourhood and their care partners. Our Social Work Program has a clinical focus with a suggested emphasis on admission/adjustment support for residents and family.
Our practice model offers autonomy and flexibility. Our part-time roles are perfect for those in private practice, those looking to specialize with this population and/or those who are retired and looking to re-enter their helping profession on a part-time basis. That being said, we do need our Social Workers onsite between Monday-Friday, during the day, as part of the role is working closely with the interdisciplinary team.
We are always looking for people who can bring new perspectives and life experiences to our team. If you’re looking for a place that aligns with your values, passion and desire to learn... supported by peers who enjoy collaborating and sharing knowledge, we invite you to talk to us. You can learn more about us at www.agewise.ca.
How Age-Wise Supports Social Workers:
• Comprehensive memory care orientation
• Ongoing mentorship and peer support
• Ongoing education
• Provides a professional network
• Flexible work schedule
• No overtime pressures
Expand your professional toolbox quickly:
No day will be the same. You will be exposed to a diversified case load on a regular basis and the areas of focus will include supportive counselling, psychoeducation, cognitive assessments, family dynamics, grief & loss, palliative care, behaviours and more.
Social Work Role:
• Provide therapeutic counselling in complex areas such as, life transitions, grief and loss, mental health
• Assess for and provide support in the treatment of mental health
• Conduct psychosocial, cognitive, depression assessments
• Complete suicide risk assessments, interventions and monitoring
• Conduct resident and/or caregiver support groups
• Provide mediation between home and resident/ family
• Ongoing education for residents, family and staff on topics related to long-term care such as dementia, grief/loss, caregiver stress, resident-centered care
• Active engagement with outside agencies to offer additional support or augment what already exists
• Advocate on behalf of residents with respect to issues related to Powers of Attorney, Substitute Decision Makers, The Consent and Capacity Board and the Public Guardian and Trustee
• Registration in good standing with the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW)
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited university
• Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and expertise in the care of elderly and their families
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team and independently
• Clinical competence and commitment to quality resident care
• Superior skills in advocating on behalf of vulnerable individuals
• Calm and patient listener
• Self-motivated and ability to manage a varied caseload
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, decision- making, conflict resolution and critical thinking abilities
• Maintains current working knowledge of relevant legislation which includes the following: Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority, Mental Health Act, Health Care Consent Act, Substitute Decisions Act, PHIPA
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning
• Current Vulnerable Sector Check and clear 2 Step TB tests prior to start date
• Professional and Commercial Liability Insurance
• Experience in long-term care/ psychiatric / medical social work practice
• Certificate in Gerontology or Dementia Care
• Teepa Snow Certificate(s)
• MoCA Montreal – Cognitive Assessment trained and certified
• Gentle Persuasive Approach
• PIECES trained
Age-Wise Solutions Inc. thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For a more detailed look at our company and values, please visit us at www.agewise.ca
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Do you have a Bachelor of Social Work or a Masters of Social Work?
• Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-04-07
Expected start date: 2023-04-17
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.