Oak Valley Health
Oak Valley Health Markham Canada
1 month ago
Social Worker - Paediatric Diabetes Clinic, Part Time - Markham Site
Clinical Professionals/Allied Health --> Social Worker
Oak Valley Health honours the traditional territory of the closest Indigenous communities, the Chippewas (chi-puh-waas) of Georgina Island and the Mississaugas of Scugog Island. The Haudenosaunee (Ho-de-no-shau-nee) and Anishinaabe (Ah-nish-in-ah-beh) have lived, worked and existed on this land from time immemorial. This land is covered by Treaty 13 signed with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaty signed with many Mississauga and Chippewa bands.
Forbes Canada Honouree
We are honoured to be recognized as one of . We ranked within the top 150 organizations across the country. Learn more about our commitment to EDI.
Who you are:
• You encompass Oak Valley Health's core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion... and Courage
• You are a patient and/or client centered individual who performs at an exemplary standard
• You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and prioritization skills
What we need:
Working as an integral member of the inter-professional team, you will play a critical role in providing social work services to children, adolescents and their families diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in an outpatient multidisciplinary team setting. There is a strong emphasis on psychosocial support both individual, family and group work, interdisciplinary problem solving, and liaising with appropriate members of the team to ensure patients and families are linked with necessary resources and supports. Within a fast paced environment you will be able to prioritize a very diverse caseload of patients and respond to crisis situations as they arise
The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership skills, a high level of professional integrity and accountability and play a key role in system development, as well as possess a strong level of understanding of care across the continuum. Experience in supportive counseling with children, adolescents and families dealing chronic illness would be a valuable asset.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Completing psychosocial assessments of newly diagnosed families
• Supportive counseling for children, adolescents and families dealing with chronic illness
• Working with the health care team, children, adolescents and family to develop patient care plans
• Consultation with community health care professionals
• Maintaining up dated knowledge of community resources
• Attending and responding to gaps in service delivery
• Attendance on committees and tasks forces as appropriate
What you bring to the role:
• Master of Social Work with 3-5 years experience
• Registration with the Ontario College of Certified Social Workers and Social Services Workers
• Recent related previous social work experience in a hospital environment
• An understanding of chronic illness across the lifespan and how that can affect children, adolescents and family quality of life and wellbeing
• Well-developed assessment and intervention skills in children and adult mental health
• Preference will be given to candidate with knowledge and experience in brief strengths-based therapy, CBT, crisis intervention as well as individual, family and group therapy
• Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal relations, problem solving, and conflict resolution
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development
• Experience in working with electronic documentation, preferably, Meditech
• Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
• Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with organization related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
OPCOM13 $41.41 - $52.76 per hour
The successful candidate will be available to work weekdays, 0830 am – 1530 pm, Monday to Friday and weekends. Please note that schedules may change due to operational needs.
Who we are:
Oak Valley Health is one of Ontario's leading community healthcare organizations. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 435,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children's services. We are also proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).
Our 526 physicians, 28 midwives, 2,400 staff and 1,000 volunteers serve patients and families with an honoured to care mindset and are focused on delivering an extraordinary patient experience to the residents of Markham, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Uxbridge and beyond. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to strengthen and promote health protection to patients, staff and members of the public attending in the hospital, prior to the first day of employment with the Hospital, all successful candidates are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (full vaccination is required). In order to provide you with fair & equitable accommodation, you must submit supporting medical exemption documentation or an affidavit detailing why your religion prohibits you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
Oak Valley Health Diversity Statement
Oak Valley Health takes pride in serving some of Canada's most diverse communities. We are committed to fostering an environment of equity and inclusivity where every person can work and receive care safely, openly and honestly. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital or family status, belief system, or other factors related to one's personal identity and/or values. Furthermore, Oak Valley Health is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
Non - Union
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.