Trans Mountain Calgary Canada
1 month ago
Trans Mountain operates Canada’s only pipeline system transporting oil products to the West Coast. We deliver approximately 300,000 barrels of petroleum products each day through 1,150 kilometres of pipeline in Alberta and British Columbia, and 111 kilometres of pipeline in Washington state.
Our Core Values
Trans Mountain’s core values – Safety, Integrity, Respect and Excellence – guide our every step. Each obstacle we’ve overcome or success we’ve experienced has been the result of a shared commitment to living these values every day. Together, we’re focused on doing the right thing for each other and our communities.
As a Pipeline Integrity GIS Analyst with Trans Mountain, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your skillset alongside a progressive and fast-paced group of experts in the Pipeline Integrity department. This position is based in our Calgary Head office.
The Pipeline Integrity GIS Analyst will aid the Pipeline Integrity data team in a variety of tasks related to web... portal management, data management, and data integration. Candidates will gain exposure and contribute to programs and projects that directly contribute to the safe operation of our Pipeline. The candidate is expected to complete tasks with a focus on the highest standards of health, safety, respect, and integrity. Liaison and collaboration with various technicians, field operations, and engineers demand a positive attitude and strong communication skills from prospective candidates.
• GIS data capture and digitization.
• Provide support for internal and inter department data requests.
• Create and maintain data documentation and metadata.
• Manage ESRI Enterprise Portal web content.
• Aid in GIS database maintenance including schema changes and data updates.
• Aid in the development of data process workflows (FME).
• Aid in the management of Linear Referenced datasets.
Qualifications And Professional Experience
• College Diploma or University Degree completed in GIS, Computer Sciences, or other related fields.
• 3-5 years of experience working with geoprocessing tools and managing spatial data.
• Experience working with ArcGIS Pro is a requirement.
• Experience working with FME is a requirement.
• Knowledge of essential GIS best practices and data management.
• Knowledge of Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) data principles.
• Demonstrated ability to be successful in an agile environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills.
Other Qualifications (Asset Skills)
• Basic Python and SQL knowledge for process automation.
• Experience working with Enterprise level GIS software (Portal, ArcGIS Online and SDE) considered an asset.
• Knowledge of linear referencing and or pipeline data models (UPDM/PODS) considered an asset.
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last
Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey.
A Rewarding Opportunity
• Valuable experience providing opportunity for professional development and career advancement;
• An opportunity to engage with and learn from some of the most talented and experience people in the business;
• Competitive compensation;
• A place to share a sense of purpose and build relationships;
• Meaningful work that makes a difference;
• An opportunity within the Canadian energy industry.
• The health, safety and wellness of everyone working in our company;
• Meaningful participation from Indigenous and local communities;
• The commitment and resilience of our people;
• Collaboration and achieving success together.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor.
In Alberta, the existing pipeline system spans the traditional territories of Treaty 6, 7 and 8, and the Métis Nation of Alberta (Zone 4).
In British Columbia, the system crosses the traditional territories of numerous First Nations that are affiliated with the Secwepemc, Dakelh (Carrier), Nlaka'pamux, Syilx/Okanagan, Interior and Coast Salish, Stó:lo, as well as the Métis.
Trans Mountain also operates through 15 First Nation Reserves located within the region spanning the BC interior through Fraser Valley.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities
Pipeline Integrity GIS Analyst (term role) Calgary jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.