Nestlé Switzerland Switzerland
1 month ago
Location: Vers-chez-les-Blanc, Switzerland
Company: Nestlé Research, Scientific & Technical Operations
Act. Rate: Full-Time - 100%
Type of contact: Permanent contract
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive Additional Benefits
Within the Digital Food Safety (DFS) department, we are looking for a data specialist who can work with Nestle Research scientists and digital experts to design, identify and prototype solutions to enable business to gain insights for faster decision making and prediction of food safety issues and threats (Early Warning, chemical contaminants occurrence, risk-based assessment systems, etc.).
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, employs approximately 1000 people and is comprised of five Nestlé Institutes: Material Sciences; Health Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences, Packaging Sciences and Agriculture Sciences. Please have a... tour of our facilities using this link or read more about Nestlé Research at our website.
As a Food Safety Data Specialist, you will be working on transforming current systems, automating data pipeline management, and contributing to building integrations between different applications.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don’t miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of a Food Safety Data Specialist in Digital Food Safety department
• Maintain and participate to continuous improvement of food safety data and software legacy systems
• Partner with Domain experts and Data Scientists / Data Analytics Experts to design data architectures and flows of prototypes for food safety data driven solutions, addressing engineering challenges and ensuring scalability of prototyped applications
• Build & maintain automation of data flows
• Documentation and maintenance of code
• Expand and apply your knowledge about advances in data technology
• Contribute to informing the overall food safety data strategy
What Will Make You Successful
• MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
• 5+ years of over-all experience in software development in Food / Safety/ Life Sciences / Pharma / Academia, applying agile development practices.
• 2+ years of experience on Data engineering activities. The candidate should have proven and strong experience with:
• Relational databases (SQL, DB connection)
• Software development, e.g. Python and R or other general purpose languages.
• ETL processes, applied to high-volume of heterogeneous data.
• Latest data warehousing systems (Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Hadoop) .
• Data analytics and reporting platforms (Shiny, Dash, Plotly, Matplotlib, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Apache Spark,etc..)
• Web Oriented architecture and Web API
• Software version control systems such as Git
• Nice to have:
• Knowledge Graphs, Ontologies & NO-SQL
• Data architecture enabled by Data Lakes on Cloud Services, eg. AWS or Microsoft Azure
• Excellent communication skills – in English. Capable of explaining complex technical topics to non-technical audiences
• Excellent team collaboration ability and Experience in working with cross-functional teams
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to work towards meeting, multiple deadlines simultaneously
At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people’s lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com
Jobs in Switzerland Switzerland
Specialist Food Safety Data Switzerland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.