Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Hong Kong
1 month ago
Reports To: Technical Services Manager - Boeing
Departments: ENG - Engineering
Engineering’s role is focused on reassurance, keeping our people and our customer’s safe, ensuring that in every aspect of our operation we have industry leading performance and that our various fleet programmes are delivering to plan, budget and specification. Engineering’s ambition is to be one of the world’s highest performing, customer centric and progressive engineering teams.
The role of the Lead Technical Services Engineer – Boeing is to deliver operational excellence by ensuring the Cathay Pacific fleets is safe, compliant, reliable, on-time and defect-free, managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve this in a cost-effective way for the airframe and avionic systems.
The Technical Services section is responsible for Engineering activities related to the airworthiness, safety, reliability, operational disruption and commercial cost effectiveness... of all aircraft types operated by Cathay Pacific Airways and its customer airlines.
• Ensuring applicable FAA/EASA/CAD Airworthiness Directives are reviewed and managed by the team with compliant technical and/or procedural actions.
• Monitoring of operational reliability for each responsible fleet with identification and introduction of effective delay mitigation actions to ensure target levels for operational reliability are achieved.
• Occurrence reports investigations are performed and appropriate technical and/or procedural actions to minimize possibility of recurrence for the fleet.
• Deputizing in the Technical Services Manager’s absence.
• Supporting the Technical Services Manager in ensuring fulfilment of the section's responsibilities and deliverables.
• Coordinating the team workload and maintaining an oversight of the work quality and standards.
• Provide the operation with specialist technical support.
• Driving continuous improvement, processes and procedures.
• Manage technical investigations and implement corrective actions.
• Managing Boeing technical relationship to ensure they effectively support the Engineering Vision and Goals.
• Keeping abreast of industry best practice ideas and developments - adopting these where appropriate
• Ensuring that new joiners to the team are mentored and developed to be competent structures/development engineer.
Using Reliability Centred Maintenance Philosophy to:
• Ensuring an efficient effective maintenance programme to be safe, compliant and consistently achieve optimal levels of aircraft availability at the lowest cost,
• Manage operational key drivers and KPI’s,
• Review and develop the aircraft maintenance program,
• Review OEM documentation and industry best practices,
• Typically 8 years' experience in Engineering role.
Degree in Engineering or aerospace discipline or an equivalent professional qualification.
• Strong aviation engineering knowledge and experience, preferably in Boeing aircraft systems role.
• Strong supplier management experience.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact and influence across Engineering sections, OEM’s, other operators, industry experts and regulators
Application: 17 Apr 2023
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Looking for Lead Engineer jobs in UK?
Browse hundreds of latest Lead Engineer vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top aviation job sites. Aviation Job Search prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Lead Engineer careers in UK.
Click below link to browse other Lead Engineer opportunities in UK:
View all Lead Engineer Jobs
If you're an employer looking for Lead Engineer recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the link below:
Hire Lead Engineer Now
Lead Technical Services Engineer - Boeing Hong Kong jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.