Principal Cooling Ltd
Principal Cooling Ltd Ireland Ireland
1 month ago
Job Title: HSE Advisor
Salary: £19,000 - £30,000 (DOE)
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Principal HVAC are a well-established modern, progressive company, providing a professional and efficient Air Conditioning and Ventilation service to our Clients throughout the UK & ROI.
We are currently looking for an individual who is extremely organised, has excellent attention to detail, is approachable and has some experience in the construction field. They must have a genuine concern about others' safety and want to improve procedures, policies as well as maintaining and improving the safety culture across our company. They must hold accountability for any potential accidents that might occur and do their best to control risks to all employees and aim to avoid injury at the workplace The post is an immediate start and once competent in all areas may have the opportunity to progress to HSQE Manager.
Working Hours are 8am - 5pm Monday - Thursday, Friday 8am-4pm
Key... Responsibilities and Duties:
• Looking after employee's Health & Safety training - researching best courses/locations for employees - liaising with Project Managers for booking, recording of, following up until certificate/card received i.e. CSR, CSCS, Safepass, IPAF, PASMA, WaH, Harness Safety
• All elements of ISO's 9001, 14001 + 45001 - recording and maintaining of customer feedback, corrective actions, internal audits, annual management review, regular HSQE meetings, creation and updating of all procedures, objectives, targets, updating interested parties & SWOT analysis.
• Monthly site visits to the sites our employees/subcontractors are on across UK + ROI.
• Maintenance of all company standard documents + creation of documents when required
• Accidents - correct recording procedure and follow up of any accidents, reporting to HSE if RIDDOR etc
• Maintaining all company accreditations - Suppliers & Other e.g. Constructionline & BESA, Mitsi, LG etc
• Maintaining all company certificates such as F-Gas, Electrical Safety Cert, Waste carriers Licence, Waste Season ticket, Racking, LOLER - forklift & other lifting equipment in stores(annual), saving of all waste transfer notes(hazardous waste etc)
• Completing PQQ's for clients - all paperwork sent + training where requested
• Maintaining and updating company policies both UK + ROI. Ensuring all employees have read latest copies. Signatures required
• Risk assessments for all sites, offices, warehouse and manufacturing, DSE assessments, COSHH Assessments, Fire Risk Assessment. All reviewed annual, at minimum.
• Site Specific risk assessments drawn up and issued - if jobs more than 2 months, physical on site folder required.
• Liaise with Stores Manager to ensure tools are calibration, fire extinguishers, fire drills, PPE, PAT testing all kept up to date.
• Maintenance of all subcontractors information - engaging and receiving information - insurances, training, PQQ etc. Updating this info on invoice system and maintain records annually.
• Ensure appropriate H&S signage in office areas + stores/warehouse - PPE, insurances, policies, bulletins, barriers, etc
• Carry out training where required - Manual Handling, Face Fit testing
• Assist Project Managers for gaining access to site - security clearances, client specific inductions
Essential Skills and Requirements:
• NEBOSH General Cert or working towards - can be arranged/
• CSR card - can be arranged.
• Computer literate with competencies in all Office applications - word, excel, publisher , PowerPoint.
• Understanding of ISO 45001, 9001 & 14001.
• Being able to investigate accidents correctly and legally.
• Identify hazards in the workplace and create risk assessments.
• Understand the employee training types for various access ie. PASMA, IPAF.
• Willingness to travel to the UK + ROI for site visits.
• Standard Company Pension.
• Mileage paid for business miles.
• Desktop / Laptop computer provided for business use.
• Mobile smart phone provided for business use.
• Attend and assist as required in company training courses.
• Receive 29 days paid holiday days in the year, 10 days of which are free to book.
• Review will take place at 3, 6 & 12mths in the first year, and yearly thereafter.
If you're interested in the role and would like to put yourself forward please hit APPLY. Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Safety Advisor, Safety Officer, Health, Safety and Facilities Coordinator, Health and Safety Officer, Facilities Advisor, Health and Safety Assistant, Facilities Coordinator, Health, Safety and Facilities Officer, SHEQ Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Quality Advisor, Health and Safety Coordinator, SHEQ Officer, SHEQ Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, Quality Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, PTTLS, Inspection Audit Officer, Risk Assessment Officer, Risk Assessment Advisor, Fire Safety & Risk Management, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer may also be considered for this role, will also be considered for this role
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.