Brown & Brown, Inc.
Brown & Brown, Inc. Sandy Springs GA Georgia
1 month ago
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Brown & Brown's Risk Solutions, formerly known as Beecher Carlson is looking for an Analytics and R&D Actuary to join the Analytics Practice in Atlanta, GA...
The Analytics and R&D Actuary position is a technical research role that will be responsible for applying statistical and predictive modeling techniques to the analysis of brokerage client risk profiles and casualty claims related business problems
• Collaborate with executives, claims experts, and brokers to identify analytics related needs and formulate solutions
• Ensure the timeliness of, accuracy of, and value created by analytical outputs
• Identify areas for model and analytics improvements and implement those improvements
• Independently conduct R&D projects to develop and refine innovative methods of analyzing casualty claims management data
• Create proprietary risk and financial models for the assessment of various perils including Property, Cyber, and Executive Liability
• Calibrate and validate predictive models for individual file level claims management decision support
• Perform statistical analysis based on market knowledge and research expertise
• Analyze and validate findings, create reports and modeling
• Identify patterns based on aggregate data to find risks and/or opportunities
• Provides technical leadership to create and foster productivity among analytical teams
• Other duties as assigned
• 7+ years of work experience, preferably within a (re)insurance company or (re)insurance brokerage firm's actuarial or data science group
• Extensive experience in technical research, design, development, and implementation of predictive models
• Degree in mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative discipline. ACAS or FCAS designation required.
• Knowledge of both continuous and discrete dependent variable model calibration and validation methodologies
• Proficient in writing code in the following languages (SAS or R, and SQL)
• Must be able to work independently and will take ownership in getting a project done with minimal supervision
• Excellent problem-solving skills
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
• The target compensation for this opportunity is $150k - $190k, commensurate with experience
• Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
• Competitive pay based on experience
• Discretionary time off
• Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, etc.
• Employee Stock Program
• Education Assistance Program - tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment assistance, etc.
Delivering integrated insurance and risk management solutions to some of the largest and most respected companies in the world, Brown & Brown's Risk Solutions team aims to create value beyond placing insurance. Our team challenges the status quo with our proprietary methodologies and tools to help optimize the way clients identify, quantify, mitigate and finance risk. Using evidence-based insights, our team helps clients better understand how different risk management decisions could impact their business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants
Sandy Springs GA USA
Jobs in Sandy Springs GA Georgia
Analytics and R&D Actuary Sandy Springs jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.