ABBVIE Rungis France
1 month ago
Who are we?
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are now recruiting a Senior Manager Government Affairs reporting to the Government Affairs Director of our European HQ team.
Who are you?
You have a bachelor’s degree in related field such as health care administration, political science, public administration or policy and a minimum 5 years’ experience in positions of increasing responsibility in government affairs, public affairs or public policy. You already have experience in pharmaceutical and/or health care industry and/or trade association and/or government including relevant experience in in health care (pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred).
You also... have the following:
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience executing government or affairs strategies at an affiliate or regional level
• Demonstrated experience and ability to work constructively and influentially with trade associations and patient advocacy organizations.
• Well-honed political sensitivities and impeccable integrity
• Excellent business acumen with the ability to anticipate company and team needs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with knowledge of emerging communications trends and technologies.
• As a team player you enjoy collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders across different cultures and geographic areas.
• Strong interpersonal skills, you understand how to develop strong partnerships across functions and to navigate a complex matrix environment.
• You exhibit a strong executive presence, work effectively with high-profile stakeholders (such as elected officials, executives and a variety of external constituencies) and are able speak and write persuasively and with clarity
• You successfully balance organization and details with resourcefulness and creativity.
• Analytical and decisive, you are able to make high-quality data-driven recommendations and have the tactical skills to develop broad strategy and policy, option, and recommendations to address issues expeditiously.
• Someone who can get things done, you are able to stay calm under pressure, deal with ambiguity and work under deadlines.
What can we accomplish together?
By integrating AbbVie as a Senior Manager Government Affairs, you will serve as a strategic partner to the Region Europe organization and lead the development of meaningful strategic guidance and support to priority affiliates across the region to ensure the development and execution of high impact government affairs strategies that accelerate patient access, contribute to business goals, and protect AbbVie’s reputation.
The Senior Manager is responsible for developing government affairs, policy, and external engagement strategies within assigned therapeutic and policy topics and leading the implementation of these strategies in partnership with affiliates and the Region Europe brand team organization. The initial primary assignment of this role will be AbbVie’s oncology and specialty care portfolios as well as above brand topics at the EU level that could include cost containment, environmental or health data topics.
Within this context, your principal responsibilities will be to:
• Provide critical support and strategic guidance to priority Europe brand teams and affiliates to ensure (1) proactive shaping of external environment to address access and reimbursement barriers for pipeline and on-market brands and (2) effective countering of policies that limit patient access to innovative medicines and our ability to operate.
• Align closely with critical internal functions (Global/Area/Affiliate commercial; market access, communications, and patient relations), to identify priority access challenges and public policy/public affairs opportunities, and along with affiliates co-create, align and refine government affairs strategies to maximize commercial success and reputation. Fully equip affiliates with global resources, policy positions, research, evidence, to support successful policy stakeholder engagement
• Lead AbbVie representation on key trade association committees and activities. Build opportunities through trade association leadership to drive adoption of AbbVie positions in support of patient access to innovative treatment and business priorities.
• Partner with Patient Relations and Communications functions to drive AbbVie priorities with external stakeholder organizations.
• Maintain deep knowledge of business and access priorities with key markets and assigned therapeutic areas. Provide strategic counsel to the WE&C organization on the political, policy, and trends that may impact these priorities. Anticipates challenges and risks, advises WE&C GA Director, WE&C cross-functional team, and global GA counterparts on potential impact, and offers recommendations and solutions to mitigate threats to patient access.
• Identify international advocacy opportunities, including US Government, trade associations, multilateral organizations, and other international and regionals forums, to advance affiliate priorities, and proactively drive AbbVie’s agenda where appropriate.
• Build capabilities of affiliates to effectively develop and execute policy, advocacy, media and multi-stakeholder strategies to address key access priorities and challenges and policy/reputational issues that may impact our ability to operate; share best practices and learnings across markets to inspire innovative solutions; and encourages effective ways of working to ensure cross-functional, integrated, high impact strategies.
What other information is important for you to know ?
This role can be based from either of our France or Belgium AbbVie Affiliate locations. The country location will determine the work contract and benefits. For this role, candidates must be able to travel significantly internationally.
For us, equality, diversity, and inclusion are essential pillars. We are proud to have built an environment that allows each of our employees around the world to realize their full potential.
You can find us at www.abbvie.com / @ABBVIE sur Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube LinkedIn.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours
Senior Manager Government Affairs, Region Europe Rungis jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.