Harnham Amsterdam Netherlands
1 month ago
Data Engineer – Natural Language Processing FULLY REMOTE
Up to €80 000
Our Client is tackling the climate crisis head-on by driving national, European, and global scale action towards a net-zero emission society. They support partner organizations, we’re looking to add a Data Engineer with expertise in Natural Language Processing to build advanced technology and data infrastructure for some of the world’s most influential climate change communicators.
We’re seeking an exceptional candidate who’s a pro at cutting-edge NLP approaches and can support a rapidly growing Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning team. Your mission will be to collect and process massive volumes of data from news and social media sources, deploying NLP models and data pipelines for analysis. You’ll collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including climate experts and technical partners, to drive innovation, shape team processes, and enhance our culture. Most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity... to learn new techniques and develop ground-breaking solutions to address the global crisis of climate change.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
• Planning, creating, and maintaining scalable systems to store and analyze data from external APIs and internal applications.
• Conducting research, training, and deploying NLP models for inference on large volumes of news and social media data.
• Proactively identifying solutions based on emergent technologies and understanding business needs across the organization.
• Working with a growing team to develop processes and workflows to structure software development and analysis for diverse internal stakeholders.
• Contributing to the expansion of a data-driven learning culture within the global strategic communications team.
Experience and Competencies
We’re seeking an intermediate-level Data Engineer with multiple years of experience and training in software development or a related field, who possesses:
• Expertise in cloud computing platforms (preferably Google Cloud Platform).
• The ability to locate and manage data, including database/warehouse management, data cleansing, web scraping, and working with APIs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Python and SQL.
• Experience with natural language processing tools, such as Hugging Face Transformers, LLMs, and social listening and media monitoring platforms, such as Event Registry News API, Meltwater, and Talkwalker.
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, across multiple time zones, and through video conferencing and Slack.
• A strong command of English (spoken and written), with additional languages being a plus.
• An insatiable curiosity and the ability to learn new skills.
• A commitment to inclusivity and empowerment in addressing climate change.
Working here means being part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals committed to making a difference. You’ll have the opportunity to challenge yourself and develop your skills in a flexible work environment. This is a full-time position with a consultant or employment contract, depending on your location, for a 12-month period with the expectation of ongoing renewal each year. Join us and let’s make a positive impact on the planet together
Data Engineer (NLP) – FULLY REMOTE Amsterdam jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.