Vattenfall, Vattenfall Amsterdam Netherlands
1 month ago
We are looking for the right person to fill the position as Data Scientist/Python Developer, to strengthen the analytics team working for off- and on-shore wind. The team is part of the Engineering department and works on windfarms, mainly during the operational phase. The two main areas are:
• The team develops and maintains (logic and machine learned) models that support the operations of the turbines. For example, failure detection & prediction, performance monitoring, scenario simulation like stock optimisation and production forecasting.
• The support of complex, data oriented, ad-hoc analyses into any topic. Here the business can come with open questions, where technical expertise and analyses will incrementally increase the understanding of the situation. For example, investigating how a certain failure developed on a turbine, determining if other assets have the same problem, and quantifying the impact of certain events.
The Analytics Team currently works... with:
• Python (besides the usual data science packages, utilising also Kedro framework)
• Using statistical methods, machine and deep learning models and optimisation through simulation
• Agile (mainly scrum) principles
• Azure DevOps and Azure Machine Learning
• Docker containers, running on a platform/cluster provided
• Data on for example Azure SQL and Blob storage
• Hybrid workplace (members located in Amsterdam, Hamburg, and Kolding)
Main tasks & responsibilities:
As part of the Wind Analytics Team, you are enabling data-driven business decision making by developing analytical models. Your primary role will be supporting the development, deployment and maintenance of analytical and machine learning models. Next to that you will help advance the team’s capabilities and processes. More specifically:
• You will develop, deploy and maintain models using machine learning, statistical and other engineering approaches.
• You will work on data analysis tasks to answer diverse, open and complex questions from throughout the business.
• You will work with big volumes of data measured by the many sensors in our wind turbines and do so effectively
• You will collaborate closely with the most important stakeholders:
• Data Engineering and IT to get efficient data- and system-access.
• Operations, ensuring the models and analyses are user-centred and the outcomes are usable and actioned upon.
• Engineers to ensure the best utilisation of the domain knowledge.
• Ideally you will be able to uncover underlying business needs and identify the best long-term solutions for our stakeholders.
• You are keen to learn and eager to collaborate with colleagues, sharing insights and knowledge to improve the team's collective way of working.
Your Profile as Data Scientist may include:
• You have a Master or PhD degree in a STEM area like Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Econometrics
• You have experience and feel comfortable working with Python, and motivated to master good programming practises (other programming languages are a plus)
• You have experience with SQL (other data solutions are a plus)
• You like to work in multi-disciplinary teams and you enjoy explaining technical solutions also to the people outside your own area of expertise
• You can transform loosely defined requirements into concrete results by actively searching for direction from stakeholders and technical experts
• You solve complex problems by breaking them up in multiple smaller parts
• You command English in both verbal and written form.
The location of this position is in one of our offices in Amsterdam, Hamburg or Kolding. Some travel is to be expected.
Process and timeline
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply will be 21st of May 2023 , and the interview process starts as soon as the applications are received. Hence the position might be filled before the end of the application period.
We will test your ability to write code, think logically, structure and solve problems during the selection process.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact recruiter Markus Rutz: +49 40 79022 1380.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK and are looking into European market opportunities. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction and operation of wind power onshore and offshore as well as other non-hydro renewable activities like solar and batteries. We manage the maintenance, operation and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy
Amsterdam Netherlands (+2 others)
Data Scientist (Python Developer) Amsterdam jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.