Koch Industries Chicago IL United States
1 month ago
Georgia-Pacific is looking for a Packaging Engineer to support our GP Consumer Products Dixie brand business. The packaging engineer will be responsible for developing, commercializing, and managing packaging designs for new and existing products in a way that meets brand, manufacturing, customer, and consumer requirements. The packaging engineer will be accountable for supporting... effective and efficient commercialization of packaging for products including plates, bowls, cups, and food service products. This position will report into the consumer products packaging organization working closely with category/brand leadership, supply chain, external suppliers, manufacturing, product development, and sourcing teams. The location of this position will be ideally based out of our Atlanta, GA Headquarters or our Neenah, WI Research & Development Technical Center.
What You Will Do In Your Role
• Own all aspects of packaging with an end-to-end holistic approach including development, specifications, trials, and go-to-market activities with an emphasis on speed to market
• Design, develop, and manage packaging for primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging materials
• Develop strong external relationships and partner closely with our suppliers
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse levels and cross functional teams in the organization such as brand leadership, business operations, and manufacturing to share knowledge, gain alignment, and execute projects quickly and effectively
• Proactively identify opportunities increasing value through waste reduction in the supply chain, increasing manufacturing efficiencies, improving speed to market, and overall customer and consumer experiences
The Experience You Will Bring
• Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain, Material Science, or related experience
• Experience with Cape, TOPS, & ArtiosCAD software
• Familiarity with packaging converting equipment and packaging substrates
• Experience in flexible film, corrugate, or paperboard packaging development
• 2+ years of related work experiences in supply chain or packaging engineering
What Will Put You Ahead
• Knowledge with SAP systems
• Experience in the household paper products industry
• Experience working with consumer packaged goods (CPG)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Chicago IL USA
Jobs in Chicago IL United States
Packaging Engineer Chicago jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.