Prose United States United States
1 month ago
Commitment to Safety
Nothing is more important to us thansafeguarding the healthof our customers,employees, their families,and the community at large.Effective October 8, 2021,all US employeesas well as all newly hired US employeesare required to receive theCOVID-19vaccination (and provide proof) unlessgranted an approved exemptionfrom this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a... sincerely held religious belief.
At Prose, we don't believe in "one-size-fits-most." We create custom hair care that's inclusive to all hair types, needs, and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person's hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We're looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
The Packaging Engineer in the Engineering Department works in conjunction with the Creative, Marketing, Brand, Production, Quality and Supply Chain teams to create all types of packaging - primary, secondary and tertiary - with the goal of keeping the products safe in transport, eye-catching to the consumer and cost-effective in the company's process cycle. Position is based in our manufacturing facility in Brooklyn, NY. Salary Range $83,000 - $100,000 annually
• Oversee and manage the complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging specifications, limit and range tolerances and samples, prototype development, performance testing and sample cataloging.
• Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
• Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging.
• Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation. Evaluate and select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Work closely with global suppliers, engineering, product management, operations, and sourcing.
• Participate in product introduction teams, to deliver new products to market.
• Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor, efficiency, transportation, and storage.
• Work closely with Engineering, creative, brand, Quality and Supply Chain cross functional partners to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
• Specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to develop and validate packaging designs.
• Partner with Supply Chain to establish Product BOM and Specifications Data Management framework
• Work with the manufacturing department to ensure that the packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability.
• Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that packaging exceeds customer specifications.
Key Candidate Requirements
• Hybrid Role- 4 days in office at Brooklyn,NY, 1 day remote.
• B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Packaging Engineering.
• 5+ years of experience within the cosmetics, consumer, pharmaceuticals field.
• Knowledge and understanding of packaging design validation standards (ISO, ASTM, etc.)
• Drafting and Specification standards is essential
• Proficiency in CAD software is needed.
• Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy and organization.
• Ability to function both independently and as part of a team; must be flexible and excited to grow with the organization.
• Strong sense of urgency with excellent problem resolution and communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel.
Understand & Embody our Prose Values:
• We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
• We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another's perspective. It's a key ingredient to our innovation.
• Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
• We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork
• We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
• We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
• We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
• We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in--for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
• A competitive and flexible PTO policy
• Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
• Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
• 401k + matching, FSA and commuter benefits
• Monthly fitness reimbursement
• An abundance of office snacks
Jobs in United States United States
Packaging Engineer United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.